She placed it back and began listening to what Miss Bone was talking about, as she saw Reggie still writing down on the paper. "Pride and Prejudice follows the romantic relationship between Elizabeth Bennet, who is a daughter of the countryside, and Fitzwilliam Darcy, who is a rich aristocratic landowner. " Miss Bone explained, taking away a football that someone on the soccer team was playing with while continuing her talk:

"Jane Austin explains how the pair must overcome the titular sins of pride and prejudice in order to fall in love and marry, the theme is therefore love " Miss Bone continued. Some of the boys made stupid gag noises, which made Miss Bone look with a stare that could kill on them. Mila sighed and looked over at Reggie who was still writing down on the paper.

"Jane Austin writes about how love may grow or disappear, and whether or not society has room for romantic love and marriage to go together" Mila gently put her hand up having a question, this of course made Miss Bone quite shocked, in the last four years having taught Mila, she had never had her hand up. "Yes, Miss Garcia?"

"I don't understand why the two would have so many problems Miss Bone, and why exactly are reading a book that was written more than 100 years ago" Miss Bone smiled gently as she placed herself softly on the counter.

"Well, the story as you will read illustrates a number of specific lessons that you can use still today. It also talks about challenges in life... like the importance of knowing oneself and what you as a person needs" She looked out in the classroom, the whole class now listening, which was almost a first. "Jane Austin writes about remaining true to your principles, even when it is easy or expedient to go a different way." Miss Bone explains with a soft smile on her lips.

Mila was about to ask another question when the note landed on her desk once again. She looked at Reggie who sat there almost tired from the long written message. Mila sighed and slowly began reading it.

Do you think there is a reason for everything?

Why do you ask?

I just find it kinda odd. You and I have never talked before, then we are writing notes in the middle of English class, you then befriend Alex, who is one of my best friends. You then go to a party, which I have never seen you do before. At the party you yell at the boy you are in love with, continue to even help me, and Sunday you meet Luke. It's like destiny wanting you to become our friend, don't you think? I think there is a reason for you to be in my life and I can't wait to find out why.

Before she could answer, the note was taken out of her hand and a very disappointed Miss Bone was looking at her. "Sending notes in my class are you Miss Garcia?" Miss Bone said as she shook her head, Mila bit her lip looking at the note.

"Please Miss Bone... I'm sorry" This didn't help at all, Miss Bone handed her the note as she walked back to the desk. "Pack your things and go to the principal," She said as she sat down, Mila widened her eyes. "Miss Bone!" Reggie almost yelled, but Miss Bone gave him a death stare. "Unless you want to join I recommend you to stay quiet"

Mila looked at Reggie with a sad smile, packing her stuff and walking out the door. She walked to the principal's office ready for the two months to become four or worse every Saturday as well.

She leaned her head back in the chair. The secretary looked at her and shook her head in disapproval, Mila didn't even try to say anything, she simply closed her eyes thinking about what her mom had told her. If this continued she could wave goodbye to Hamilton.

The door opened which made Mila open her eyes, yet what she saw she did not expect. "Caroline?" Caroline Black had never got in trouble before and as much as Mila knew never been asked to go to the principal's office. Caroline's eyes widened a little yet a soft smile formed on her lips before a giggle escaped them.

"Mila, have you got yourself in trouble again?" Mila was about to say something when the principal gently coughed. "Miss Garcia... you can come in" Mila looked at Caroline who whispered good luck before heading back to class. Mila went into the office and placed herself in the usual chair. "What did you do this time?" The principal sighed.

"I wrote notes with another student sir," Mila said quietly, not daring to look into his eyes. "Miss Garcia, when will you ever learn to behave... you were here last week as well, by the same teacher!" Mila moved uncomfortably in the chair. "Maybe it's the teacher and not me sir?" The principal shook his head: "Rubbish, Miss Bone have been here for 28 years and you are the only student that does not behave in her class"

Mila tried her best not to laugh at this comment, there were a billion other students that didn't behave in her class. Mila was just the only one that kept getting in trouble sometimes for taking notes about what she spoke about.

The principal didn't even hesitate as he spoke her punishment. "Detention.. after school, now go back to class" And so Mila did, she walked back to class. Placing herself beside Reggie again, she looked at Miss Bone who was not pleased to see her student back so early yet continued talking.

"One of the most famous first lines in literature: It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. what do you think Jane Austen meant by this?"

And so the lesson continued, Mila tried her best to hold focus while Reggie was writing notes in his notebook of what was on the blackboard.

Mila couldn't help but think about the email already having landed, the bomb that now will go off. The fights, the yelling, the war of who broke our daughter first, and of course she thought about if she could wave goodbye to her dream once and for all.