Daniel and his friends

'Hey Danny, you see that girl there, in the blue dress, the Greenwich college one, man. She's so sexy! I want to talk to her, help me' Peter said as if he was Romeo and he saw his Juliet for the first time. He was expressing all these things with a hand on his chest, or heart if you want, completely smitten by that girl's beauty.

I was like, okay, do you even realise, she's probably one year or two elder than you and must definitely be having a boyfriend.

Peter was being adamant as if a five-year-old asking for a candy. We kept on talking for some fifteen minutes before Peter and I were called in front of the hall where the coordinator was dividing the students in their respective commissions. The chitchats of the students were so audible that I could barely hear what the teachers were saying. But the only thing that I was able to retain was that not all the students were present in the hall and that the remaining were still on their way to our college.

'Daniel and Peter, you guys are responsible to look after the food and security commission's delegates', said Sian with such a loud voice so that I could grasp all his important words. Peter was overwhelmed with joy as the girl he wanted to talk to was in that commission itself. I knew that he would do anything just to talk to that girl even if that girl looked like she didn't give a damn. The group discussions were being carried out in the huge hall and I went to the canteen to get some food.

'Hey jerk, where have you been?' I immediately recognised that voice, that deep, cheerful voice. It was Henry, my only best friend.

I was sort of relieved to see him at school as he had told me that he probably won't come.

'Yo nigga, I was at your girlfriend's place' again I replied sarcastically. We both laughed a little.

Sarcasm and me, I guess god created a great pair. I grabbed some pizza and salad, and sat down while Henry bought some burgers. I began to tell him how things were inside the hall and so in and so forth. He had sociology exams the same time I had design and technology paper. He was kind of in a pathetic state because he didn't revise much and could feel that he was screwed.

'Anyway laters bro, gotta get back to the conference, good luck, see you during recess time' I exclaimed winking at him.

I went quickly inside the hall and reached the delegates I was 'stand by' for. I saw Peter coming back with a sheet of plain paper and pen. I asked him what the purpose of the stuff he brought was.

'Hey bro, it's a way to get my girl's number.' he said half smiling.

'Holy f-ing shit, we can land into problem man, do you even realise?', I barked at him in a corner.

'I don't care' he said arrogantly. Yeah how can I forget that the guy that changes a BMW every six months and has his chauffeur-driven car can hardly be scared of being in some problem. He finally succeeded in finding the girl's contact number. 

Finally noon, and the conference was stopped for a break. I was at the canteen, with Henry.

'So what did Newton do in class?' I asked him.

'Monsieur nous a dit de parler le français en classe et à l'exterieur aussi' Peter said jokingly.

I rolled my eyes. He knew very well, I hated French badly.

'And what happened between you and Andy? Heard you guys broke up?' he asked in a low tone, knowing that I might freak out.

'Oh man,she was a bitch. Its better not to talk about her right now as I'm trying my best to dismiss her thoughts that have been pestering me since morning' I gave him a quick reply that did catch his attention.

Guys do feel the pain of breakups. Most of the time, the female population think otherwise.

I was sort of lost in my own thoughts when a guy named Guillaume, Gully for short, whom I barely know tapped my back hard.

"Hey what happened man?" I asked, frowning at him.

"That chick over there is calling you, take a look" he said, smiling at me.

Oh. My. Lord.

My eyes struck her and for once everything seemed to come to a standstill. It was like a slow-motion scene.

She was pointing in my direction and calling someone, maybe me?

I was taken aback by her appearance, that I took a step backwards. She was in a blue tunic and a white shirt, hair loose, looks uncombed but suited her, perfect height, smiling and a bit over-energetic.

"You calling me?" I asked as if a dumb person was trying to communicate using the language of signs.
To my disappointment, it was a big NO. I couldn't think further, my sad soul of break up evaporated within split of seconds. I made my mind immediately to go and talk to her. But I was shitting bricks - I couldn't muster courage. I knew she was definitely a year or two elder to me, but that didn't change anything. I could feel how Peter felt some hours back.

Talking of the devil, here it comes. Peter came to me, again with his phone in his hand and walking a bit weirdly. That was his usual habit anyway.

"Peter. Peter. Peter. I need you right now!" I half shouted after realising that the girl was standing metres away from me