Chapter 11: All Is Unveiled.....Sort Of

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"Things? As in those things? As in those things we don't tell anybody?"

"Yes those things."

"You sure?"

"Busboy...."

He sighs, the grabs Zara's hand "Come on Z."

They leave, which starts a solid five minutes of silence. Then Damon, again is the one to break it. "Now that they're gone....hey Jeremy why don't you tell everybody what you told me."

Jeremy looks at me and sighs. "It all started earlier this week...."

Zara's P.O.V.

I shake my head in disbelief. "You're crazy."

Matt takes my shoulders and holds me there. "Zara does it look like I'm lying to you?"

"No, that's why I said that you're crazy. All of you." I try to plow past him, but he blocks me. "Get off me!"

"Look Zara please!"

He holds me as I try to escape. "Let me go! There is no way you're telling the truth! They don't exist! You're coo coo for cocoa puffs!"

He forces me onto the futon. "Then explain what happened to you last week."

"Animal attack."

"With two bite marks in your neck?"

"I know I'm delicious okay?!" I cry out when I can't find a good answer. Matt keeps trying to get me to calm down as he tries to keep me pinned to the sofa. I start yelling, even though my mind is starting to make sense of things.

When I was six, something came into the house and attacked me in the middle of the night. Little me was asleep my bed when, even in my sleep, I could feel a cold breeze come in from the window's direction. The gust of wind back then was enough to pull me out of sleep. My little eyes slowly opened and my body turned to the edge of the bed, where I saw it. Red eyes, with veins under them making themselves obvious. Mouth open wide, teeth bared to reveal two dangerous fangs. I closed my eyes and screamed. When I opened them, it was gone, and they were replaced by my parents, calming me down.

The event scarred me for months. I couldn't sleep, and when I did I would have nightmares of vampires attacking me. My parents had told me that the event itself was all a bad dream, but that dream must have been one hell of a dream, since I ended up in therapy for three months afterward. Now, ten years later I have convinced myself that it was all a dream, and now all my attempts at sanity have been wiped out. I continue to deny it, but in my head I know it's true. Hot tears roll down my cheeks as I try to push back the truth. "No no no!"

The night from when I was six replays in my head, each time as clear as when I saw it as a little girl. "No!"

Matt's expression softens, and he pulls me up. "Zara it's okay, shhh" He wraps an arm around me and hugs me as I cry into his shirt.

Elena's P.O.V.

"What do you mean John Gilbert? What did he want from--"

Stefan is cut off by Zara and Matt reentering the room. Zara's face is red and puffy, and she's no longer wearing Matt's jacket.

Caroline is the first to speak. "Zare..."

"No." Her voice is soft, but it comes out low and menacing. She walks past her, and Caroline looks to me for help. I sigh and truly speak to her for the first time. "Zara..."

For me she turns around. "What?"

"Look, I know you're a little nervous right now, but trust me, I know how you fee-"

She cuts me off. "You seem fine to me."

"Well believe me, when I first heard the truth...it was a shocker. If you want we can sit down and talk about this."

She looks like she could cry again. "No. I just...I need time, to think about all this." And with that, runs out the house. Matt points in the door's direction. "I'm her ride home so..." Then he leaves. Instead of continuing our discussion. We decide in a rain check before heading home ourselves.

Jeremy's P.O.V.

I'm in my room when John appears, yet again. "You didn't tell them."

"I told them all I could. Zara was so stressed after learning about the supernatural I didn't want to overwhelm her even more."

"What about Elena?"

"I thought that they should hear it together. And they only just met..."

"Look Jeremy, I know you're trying to prolong the future, but the sooner you tell them, the sooner they can know what to do."

I sigh.

"Fine. I'll do it."

--------------------------------------

What do you think Jeremy has to tell them? Will Zara ever recover from this realization? Write below on what you think. Also, those of you who failed to take part in the contest that would help with the pace this story is being posted at, which is all of you, except for that one person who was too kind, YOU GET AN F FOR PARTICIPATION! Really guys, I'm trying to interact with my fans in a fun-ish way, but you guys make it hard. I'm not trying to be mean, it's just really nice when a writer gets input from her fans other than UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! Though don't get me wrong, I love hearing those too, it makes me know that you guys like it and that you want more, which springs motivation. So yeah, please, write something. Comment, vote, yeah yeah you know the drill.