Rocks in the Wall

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

     Finally, it was the end of the semester.  (Y/N) had been annoyed by the simplicity of the final paper exam, but that was to be expected.  She was even more mad that she had to take it in the first place.
     However, what was even worse was the physical exam.  Well, the fact that she had to be in it, and Principal Nezu told her he didn't want her to hold back.  That meant quirks, the thing she directly did not want to show.  It'd gotten her ostricized in a place meant for ostricized people, how did he expect it go well here?
     The teams had been announced yesterday.  This morning, Thirteen, a pro-hero named Kurose Anan who specialized in search and rescue, had pulled (Y/N) and Uraraka into an empty classroom.  (Y/N) knew what the conversation was, as Principal Nezu had told her some vague details about it, but she understood why Thirteen wanted to make it a threeway conversation.
     "Uraraka, (Y/N)-san, some things have changed," Thirteen says, making Uraraka tilt her head.  She wondered why Thirteen was addressing (Y/N) in a formal fashion instead of the other way around.
     "Mhm," (Y/N) hums.  "Nezu briefed me on it but didn't explain the details.  What's the new plan?"
     "Well, of course, we can't test you like we can the students," Thirteen explains.  She glances over at Uraraka to ensure she was listening.  "Instead, (Y/N)-san, you will be the acting villain and will have the weights, and Uraraka and I will be fighting you.  They wish for you two double your body weight instead of adding half."
     "I see.  Please let them know that I'll be tripling it if they have the resources.  I'm guessing you didn't want the other students to know?" (Y/N) asks.  Uraraka is looking between the both of them, utterly confused.
     "There is no active effort to hide it from the students, but Nezu-shachou wanted to reveal this information to Uraraka-kun privately first."  (Y/N) nods, telling the two to plan ahead and exiting to go back to their assigned classroom.
     "Wait, Thirteen?  I'm sorry, I'm confused.  Why can't you test her the same as us?" Uraraka asks.  Thirteen stares out the classroom window at the girl walking away.
     "That girl is a whole different kind of beast," she tells.  Uraraka looks over her shoulder again.  Sure, (Y/N) was a little unnerving, but she didn't know if she found the word beast fitting.  "If you meet an opponent like her, it's in your best interest to get as far away as possible.  We'll be safe in this trial, she knows her power well, but Uraraka-kun, dear, should you ever face someone who makes you think of (Y/N)-san, please, run."

     Soon enough, it was Uraraka's turn to fight.  If what (Y/N) was wearing was her hero outfit, she wondered how she would ever make it.  An oversized (C/C) hoodie that went almost to her knees and some small black shorts you couldn't even see most of the time, only her (S/T) legs visible underneath it.  It just didn't seem like it would really help her at all.  Then again, Uraraka had no clue what her quirk was, and when she asked Thirteen, her only response was, "We'll just have to wait and see."
     The battle began, and Thirteen and Uraraka began heading for the exit.  (Y/N) was nowhere to be seen, but it wouldn't last for long.  A thin sheet of ice overcame the ground, making Uraraka slide until she could grip a wall for support.  Thirteen used her quirk in short bursts to free herself from the cold solid building up around their ankles.
     From a building walked (Y/N), the hoodie now ditched to reveal a black tank top as well as her arms, legs, and waist wrapped up in metal bindings that tripled her weight.  Still, she didn't even seem fazed.  Uraraka began to execute their plan, making each small rock and stick she had picked up on the way float and go flying towards (Y/N).  Somehow, despite there being no wind, the pieces flipped course.  She tried to release them, but they didn't fall.  Thankfully, Thirteen grabbed her just in time and pulled her into a building.  Uraraka's eyes went wide and almost teary at the sticks and rocks that embedded themselves into the concrete walls.  She couldn't help wondering if that could've been her.
     Thirteen and Uraraka quickly fled out a back door into an alleyway.  Uraraka floated them to the top of the building, but when they looked down, the ice was gone and so was (Y/N).
     "Oh no," Thirteen mumbled.  Uraraka looked to her but a sudden cracking sound made her scream, and the building began tilting as if it was going to collapse.  Uraraka's quirk again saved them as the building fell to the ground and (Y/N)'s (E/C), glinting eyes glared up at them.  
     Uraraka dropped them to the floor, facing off against (Y/N) head-to-head.  She ran in first, attempting to use her minimal fighting tactics she learned from Gun Head during her internship.  To her surprise, every block she had learned and more were now being used against her.  (Y/N) clearly had the exact same form of training, but she was well past Uraraka.
     Thirteen used her quirk's suction to pull Uraraka back, closing it before she could get harmed.  (Y/N) seemed to be playing the defensive battle now, something that she seemed, even if just slightly, less knowledgeable in.
     Thinking back to when (Y/N) and Ashido were paired up at the beginning of the year, Uraraka wondered if (Y/N) could even be beaten by them.  Thirteen's words seemed to ring in her head.
     The black hole was again opened, though this time it was (Y/N) flying forward.  Uraraka questioned if they could capture her now, but unfortunately, Thirteen got a heavy kick to the chest and went down.  (Y/N) stood over her, binding her hands to the ground in that same ice.  Uraraka jumped forward to protect her teammate but was blocked by a wall of fire.
     As soon as the wall dissipated, she lunged forward again.  (Y/N) had the same idea, and they fought hand to hand until (Y/N) easily pinned her down, instead choosing to freeze her wrists to the pavement.
     Uraraka and Thirteen continued to try to fight the ice, but it was no use.  It kept coming back again and again.  Finally, at thirty seconds left, (Y/N) grabbed both of their forearms, flames alight on her left arm melting the ice away rather quickly.  She picked them up and told them to go.  Thirteen began running, so Uraraka followed, lightening her clothes and Thirteen's on the way.  At the last possible second, they dashed through the gate.
     "Team Uraraka and Thirteen have passed the exam."