"You're late," Snape drawls.

"Yes, but-" Fey begins, but Snape cuts her off once more.

"No excuses. Now, come on, these cauldrons aren't cleaning themselves." He walks in the door, followed by Fey and Ron.

Snape stands at the front of the room, and the two sit at a table covered in dirty cauldrons.

"You will clean these, and with no magic."

Ron and Fey groan, but Snape ignores it and carries on.

"Rags and spray are in my potion stores, so get those and leave. If I see one ingredient out of place, I'll make sure you receive something worse than Wednesday detention." Snape threatens.

"Got it," Fey says, to which Ron nods.

"Good. I'll be back in two and a half hours. You should be done by then." He says, and leaves the room, shutting the heavy door behind him.

"Alright." Ron says awkwardly.

"Let's fuckin' do this thing!" Fey shouts, and Ron grins at her eagerness to get things done.

They both head into the storage closet in search of the rags and cleaning spray.

Fey shifts through the shelves, careful to not move the ingredients too much. After a bit of searching, she finds two spray bottles and Ron digs some rags out of a gross basket on a top shelf. The two leave the closet, and sit down at their cleaning station.

"Alrighty, lets start. Maybe we can leave before Snape comes back if we do it quick enough, because if we don't finish all these before he comes back, we'll have to serve another detention tomorrow to finish them." Ron explains, earning a confused look from Fey. "What? I get detention a lot."

Fey chuckles and starts to work on her cauldrons. She sprays the liquid that smells like citrus into it, and scrubs and scrapes at the gunk stuck to the inside of the cauldron.

"This would be so much easier with magic," she grumbles.

Ron hums in agreement, and gets to work on his own stack, scrubbing at a particularly gross spot.

They both finish their first cauldron at around the same time, and look miserably at their stack.

"Two down, a million to go." Fey sighs, and grabs another cauldron.

~*-*~

An hour and twenty minutes later, they finish cleaning all of them, and stacked them back up again in a cupboard designated for storing cauldrons.

The two go back into the closet to put back their supplies, and when they have them back to where they found them, their eyes meet.

"So..." Fey says, trailing off. She doesn't seems to realize how she unconsciously has inched foreword, only about a foot and a half away from Ron.

"Yeah..." Ron replies, his eyes glancing nervously from the ground to her eyes. He too finds himself shuffling closer to Fey.

After a bit more shuffling, they're about 6 inches apart. Ron's eyes flicker from her eyes to her lips. Fey notices this, and starts doing the same.

Ron starts to lean in, Fey following his lead. They both flutter their eyes shut, ready for their lips to meet. Just when Ron is merely one inch away, the heavy door of the potions classroom opens, and the old hinges groan, making Fey flinch.

The two instantly separate, and they exit the closet quickly.

When they emerge, they are met with Snape's beady eyes. Snape looks around the room.

"Where are the cauldrons?" he sneers.

"In the cupboard, sir." Fey says, pointing toward the cabinet they stacked them in.

"Good. You may go." he dismisses them, and they hurriedly make their way out of the classroom. Ron automatically decides to walk Fey back to her common room, and Fey just silently walks toward her dorm.

When they reach the enternece, Fey turns to Ron. "Thanks for walking me back, see you later?" She asks.

"Oh, yeah, right." he says, slightly disappointed she didn't bring up the almost kiss. "Goodnight." he leans in and gives her a peck on the cheek. His whole face heats up and he turns to head for Gryffindor tower.

"Wait!" Fey exclaims, and Ron turns around, facing her. "Goodnight!" Ron smiles and turns back around.

Fey enters the common room and makes her way up to her dorm. She changes into her pajamas and brushes her teeth. She puts her hair into a careless ponytail and throws herself onto her bed.

"Oh shit," she whispers. "Ronald Weasley almost kissed me."

________________________________

lmao i feel like every end of chapter is very similar but idc bc i suck at writing endings.

hope u enjoyed!

-lucy <3