19 Prince Varian's Lady-in-waiting

Birds chirping loudly at your window, that was your cue to get up. Although you had the urge to burry yourself deeper in the thick blankets and cover your head with a fluffy pillow, it was your duty (hehe...duty) to help the prince. Especially today, his Coronation! A ceremony of which a prince dork goes in and becomes a king...dork.

You groaned, slowly getting out of your bed. Rubbing your eyes, you dragged your feet all the way to the mirror. You examined your exhausted figure, bags under your eyes, crazy hair, red eyes, you yawned, and...morning breath. By the looks of it, it would only take an hour to get ready.

You had gotten ready and finished off by putting a beautiful purple dress on. It wasn't quite princessy and definitely wasn't casual villager, but somewhere in between. By now your eye bags were gone (or if you have natural ones like me, faded to your usual look) and your red eyes turned to a natural white.

You glanced at the clock, 7am. It was time to wake up the prince, or not so much prince. You walked down the halls, saying good morning to all the guards you pass until you reach Varian's room.

See, Varian has never and I mean NEVER woken up at 7am in the time you've been his Lady in Waiting. Hell, if you didn't wake him up, he'd probably never get up. When you first started your job, you tried knocking on the door to be polite, but it didn't work since he was a heavy sleeper. So, for the past few years, you would go into his room without knocking because you'd assume he was asleep, and he always was. Except today....

You reached Varian's room and automatically opened the door. You turned around closing the door, not looking in front of you until you turned the knob. Varian was in fact up, but he was in the middle of changing, and was shirtless (nothing more nothing less ya perves). He looked at you and waved. "AH SHIRTLESS MAN," you couldn't turn around any quicker. "Uhhh are you okay?" Varian asked. "You're never up at 7am, why didn't you lock the door if you were changing?!" You stammered, still turned around.

A rosy red appeared on your cheeks, but since you were faced the opposite way, the prince couldn't see.

"I don't know, I guess I forgot? And why are you making such a big deal, I only had my shirt off, like a bathing suit!" The prince laughed, putting on a blue shirt. The thing is, Varian doesn't know how to swim, so you never saw him in a bathing suit. "No- it's- I, just...are you changed yet?" You ask, fiddling with your fingers.

He gives an "mhm" and you turned around. "The outfit is good, but it's a little sloppy," you fix Varian's shirt collar and sleeves. "You're avoiding eye contact Y/n," he stated crossing his arms. "I don't know what you're talking about," you lied, going into his closet to get a sky blue Royal Mantle. The walk in closet had a ton of clothes, but you always kept it in the same place.

"I think you do," he insisted. You roll your eyes and don't responded. All you did was put him in the mantle. You inspect the outfit closely, "mmmmm, I like it!" You finally say, looking at the neck down. "Are you going to do this all day?" Varian whined, "I want my best friend to be able to look at me on my Coronation."

You felt slightly guilty, but you kept up the act, "Prince, I don't know what you're talking about. I can look at you, why wouldn't I be able to?" You took the mantle off him since he wouldn't need it at the moment. Still avoiding eye contact, you put it neatly on his bed. "Oh yeah?" Varian walks up to you without warning and raises your chin with his pointer finger, "then look at me."

You try maintaining eye contact but the image popped in your head not even a second later, which led you to turn red and look down. "Aha! Wait...oh no. Is this permanent? Oh no no no no," the boy starts to pace, "what have I doooone?!" You continued to blush looking at the floor, "It's not your fault."

Varian stopped pacing then looked back at you, "Yeah, it is! My figure is horrible and you can't look at me because of that."

Wait what? He, he thinks you can't look at him because he thinks his body is ugly? You froze processing what he said. After a few seconds of silence, Varian heard snickering. "Huh?" He looked at you. The snickering turned into laughing and you turned to him. "You think I can't look at you because you think, I think, your body's ugly? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AS IF! No but seriously," you face turns serious, "if you ever and I mean ever think your body is ugly, I'm going to suffocate you with body positivity. Got it?" You ask in a threatening way.

He backs away a tad, "Yeah- I got it. Oh I forgot to tell you, your dress is pretty." You look down at your purple dress forgetting you weren't in your normal outfit. "Thanks," you smile at the boy.

A/n: this has to be the most random oneshot I've written but I'm still posting it because why not?

Until next time

-Clementine