Chapter 1: Meet and Greet

Got rid of the Hitler quote. Goddamn, that was probably a punch to my reputation, ay? 

-Writer

A demigoddess runs through the hills outside New York City. Or maybe chased would be more like it. A nasty group of hellhounds were tailing her, getting closer every second.

She was short of stature, only about 5 feet 6 inches. She looked to be about 17. She had black hair, with two different color highlights; orange and blue. She had a bow and quiver across her back. the bow was, like her highlights, half blue and half orange.

She wore light armor, and had two katannas in sheaths around her waist. If one were to take them out, you would see that one was orange with red flame patterns, and the other was blue with wave patterns.

The most stunning thing about her, though, was her eyes. They were different colors. They were the source of years of shame, bullying, and shunning, but were also the girl's pride and joy. The right eye was blueish-green, that looked like a hurricane. The left eye was red and orange, and looked like a fiery inferno.

She was very close now, only a little farther... 

There! That was it. It looked exactly like her father told her it did.

She crossed the camp border just in time. One hellhound had pounced, but it bounced off the wall. They growled at her, and stalked off.

The girl grinned, and walked down the hill. She saw a centaur and a middle-aged man playing some sort of card game. As she was getting closer, the centaur noticed her, and look surprised. The girl inwardly smirked.

The centaur smiled, which slightly surprised her, and said, "Hello, young one. My name is Chiron. From the looks of you, you already know about your heritage. Welcome to Camp Half-Blood!"

The kindness the old centaur was radiating was contagious. She felt a lot better.

"My name is Katrina, but you can call me Kat." She said.

Later that night, during dinner, Chiron made an announcement. "This is Katrina. She is a new, 17, and an undetermined camper. please be nice to her."

People started whispering, because the gods were supposed to claim their children at 13.

Suddenly, a light flashed over Kat's head. Everyone stopped and stared, shock written over their faces.

Kat's dad told her about this. That they would be in shock over who her parents were.

Over Katrina's head was the symbol of Hestia, the goddess of the hearth. It was orange and the symbol was a fireplace.

Literally seconds later, 14 Olympians flashed in.

"Hestia, what is the meaning of this!"

Hestia glared at her brother. "What is the meaning of what?"

"You know what I am talking about! You have a daughter! You're supposed to be one of the three virgin goddesses!"

"I found a man I love. He is honorable and selfless and kind and humble." She turned to me. "Hello, Katrina."

"H-hi mom." Katrina replied, shocked at seeing her.

"As touching as this is, who did you fall in love with, Hestia?' Athena inquired.

"If he chooses to reveal it, I will confirm. If he doesn't, that's his choice." Hestia said.

The rest of the Olympians almost started to yell, but were interrupted by another flashing light above her head. It was a trident, but it was fainter, signaling a legacy.

Poseidon frowned. "But the only child I had who would be old enough would be..." He froze, then turned to Hestia. "Please tell me it wasn't him."

"It was." She said.

"It was who?" A blond-haired, grey-eyed girl asked. Katrina narrowed her eyes. She recognized Annabitch, as her father called her (when she was old enough, of course).

Poseidon was studying Katrina, looking mostly at her eyes. "That would explain the two different-colored eyes." He said.

"What would?!" A girl with a silver circlet asked. Katrina recognized her. Her father considered her on of the worst betrayals.

Hestia looked at Katrina and said, "Her father, the man I love, is Perseus Jackson."