Yule Ball.

Your dormitory had never been this lively. All your roommates were there, some of them accompanied by friends, talking excitedly about tonight while helping each other. Different pieces of colorful tissues covered the stove. It had not been lit up today, which was rare in December.

You hummed your favorite song as you touched up one last time your makeup. You glanced at your reflection in the mirror and slightly turned your head to check if everything was the same on each side of your face. A satisfied smile appeared on your lips. You had been practicing and harassing your friends for weeks to be able to achieve the look you dreamed of. You kept it simple, but the result was stunning. You got off your bed and extended your hand to grab your gown, which was hanging on your four-poster bed. You ran your fingers over the fabric, taking your time to appreciate it. It was a full-length sleeveless lace gown, with a V-neck. The skirt was made of layered glitter tulle. Beams were beautifully cascading from the top of the dress to the bottom of your waist, shimmering at every step you made. Since the moment you saw it, you knew it was made for you. You let go of your dress and worked on your hair. To your relief, it did not take as much time as you expected, since your friend helped you. You glanced at the clock; it was 7:30 p.m. Your heart rate increased. Was it due to excitement or anxiety? You did not know. You removed the clothes you were wearing and carefully put on your dress. You had one last thing to do. You looked at your shoes and hesitated between a pair of heels or flat ones. You were afraid that the heels may ruin your feet and your evening. There were too many hazards plausible with them, like falling in front of everyone or tearing your dress. But you still went for them, even if you could regret it later, they were the best option to compliment your gown. You picked a small handbag, matching the tone of your dress, put some toiletries inside, and left your dormitory.

You were on top of the last staircase when you saw Cedric pacing up and down at the bottom, readjusting nervously his collar and his bow. You slowly made your way downstairs, as your heels clicked on the marble stair, the young man looked your way and stayed stunned. You made your way towards him; he was watching you, dumbstruck. You stopped in front of him; he was still frozen, eyeing you in awe. He suddenly came back to his senses and cleared his throat.

"You... wow. I mean... wow." He was flustered. "Sorry, you look really beautiful ____."

You could feel the heat on your cheek rising.

"Thank you. You look really handsome too." You answered with a sheepish smile.

He smiled in return and offered you his hand. You put your hands over his, sending waves of electricity throughout your body.

"Ready?" He whispered in your ear.

You nodded in response, as you were left breathless by his proximity, unable to utter a word. He led you towards the other contestants. You were just behind Hermione Granger and Viktor Krum and in front of Harry Potter and Parvati Patil. The doors opened, and you could hear the students clapping, leaving a path for the champions and their dates to pass. You started to walk in procession to the center of the Great Hall. Magical snow was falling down the roof. They had transformed the Great Hall into a fairytale Winterland. They had decorated the room in hues of silver and white, gigantic Christmas trees were at the back of the room. The long Houses table had disappeared, replaced by smaller ones. There were also sculptures made of ice of the different schools competing. Even the Beauxbâtons' students would not have any critics to make in front of this masterpiece. They had outdone themselves for the ball.

A hand found its way to your waist. You tensed up. You had forgotten that you were about to dance with your crush in front of the entire school. Your heartbeat quickened. You put your hand on his shoulder, and your free hands clasped together. You finally met his gaze, and suddenly everything disappeared around you. You were lost in his eyes as he led you around the ballroom. He did not tear his eyes from yours, as if you were all alone in the world.