The non-fighter had tried to get up but was overwhelmed with a sense of imbalance, and he struggled. He did manage to get to where Tyki went, but after much determination.

When he reached his destination, he could hear the exorcists and Tyki bickering, but Komui stopped them. They were fighting over why he was there, and that he had no place to be there after what the Noah had done. In short, they thought he was there to hurt them and dangle Sin right in front of them.

Tyki didn't say anything to their insults and threats, but instead asked them to take Sin to Hevlaska, his tone pleading them in urgency.

Komui was the first one to take action, and he even welcomed the Noah to come along. Why he became like that, Wisely didn't know. When he tried reading his thoughts, the only train of thought that he could read was his one desire to save Sin.

Even when they ended up in front of Hevlaska, they didn't know the reason why she was brought there.

Tyki seemed to know why, but none of those thoughts went through his head and instead, focused on what was in front of him. Hence, Wisely was unable to find out.

As Hevlaska was technically a form that had become like she had due to the nature of the Cube, once they had arrived down there, she wasn't standing, nor was she sitting. She had become smaller, and held her arms around the Cube that was beginning to crack and crumble.

Hevlaska seemed to know exactly what the others wanted once they had reached the area below to be on the same level - and immediately sauntered over to the body.

"She's not dead yet..." Hevlaska had said. The broken sword was still stuck inside the woman's body, but her heart was still beating, but becoming slower each passing second.

"Can't you save her?" Tyki asked. He didn't like to beg anybody in a sincere manner, but right now, he was. The one he held in his arms wasn't just anybody, but someone who was precious to him.

"God...They..." Hevlaska murmured some words that none of them could hear, save for a couple of words that were audible. She brought up the Cube that was slowly slipping away, and lifted it up, pushing it into Sin's body. "Here..."

"Hevlaska...what are you doing?" Komui had broken his silence, not understanding the reasoning behind it.

The guardian of the Cube didn't even give him an answer and instead watched as the woman's body became the colour of Innocence, then back to normal. The broken sword in her body seemingly vanished into thin air, and her laborious breathing had become steady - a shock that came to the ones around.

"What did you do?" Komui unknowingly voiced out his thoughts, wondering what he had just witnessed. It was the first time that he had witnessed such a thing.

The Cube was absorbed by Sin?

What?

"The Cube...will help seal...her wounds...and mend...her heart..." Hevlaska's voice was spoken softly as she herself started to fade away - most likely the result of the mass exorcism.

"But isn't all Innocence supposed to be destroyed?" Wisely suddenly asked, poised in a thinking position. "Or, at least most of it?" He was lethargic and felt like absolute shit, but he tried to hold up with a brighter tone. Or, at the very least, a happier tone than everyone else.

From what he remembered, many of the exorcists lost their weapons, however the parasitic types' ones didn't disappear so easily.

"She is...a special one..." said Hevlaska, "Favoured...by God..." A smile seemed evident in her voice when she spoke.

Is the guardian of the Cube going to fade away now that their job is done? Wisely wondered. And what will the Cube do? It's Innocence too, right? How is it still working?

His eyes drifted to the woman's abdominals - seeing that the wound had actually closed up. It wasn't as shocking to him, but it reminded him that Innocence was very powerful.

And, the Innocence was helping out this very woman.

Come to think of it, didn't a few people mention she was the Heart? He looked at Hevlaska, seeing that she stayed in her faded, smaller form. She didn't disappear.

Judging by the space around here, it would seem that this Hevlaska wasn't supposed to be this small.

Didn't Seraphim disappear just now, though? But if she really were the Heart and her Innocence was no more, then every other Innocence should be destroyed too.

But it's the opposite...

Wisely thought for a moment, ignoring the moment when Cross Marian finally decided to make an appearance and start talking with the others. Wisely didn't pay attention to what they were talking about, but from the general gist and tone, it seemed that the General wanted to take them somewhere through the Ark.

What if she wasn't the Heart, though? Is that possible?

Or does this mean that Seraphim is still residing in Sin?

It was either of these options that Wisely had concluded with - but he didn't know which one, or if it was both.

Hm...he hummed silently to himself, getting dragged by Tyki to go with Cross. They entered the Ark, and some of the exorcists followed suit. It was a strange sight to see, especially since they weren't fighting and just going together.

I wonder why everyone is suddenly so trusting of one another, Wisely mused to himself, interested at how the dynamics changed.

He found himself thinking about Sin, who was at the centre of it all.

She's surrounded by good people.

~~~~~

Wisely had zoned out thinking about what had brought him to where he was now. He realised he had started drooling, and wiped it off his chin.

What time is it? He wondered. It had become dark before he knew it, and he was now looking at a moonless night sky.

I should stop, Wisely sighed to himself, picking himself up off the ground.

Yet, he found himself thinking about it again.

He crossed his arms, stopping in his steps. He made a thoughtful expression as he analysed his memories to see if he had missed anything. There was so much going on, that analysing everything over and over seemed to always give him new things to think about.

Now that I think about it...why did Sin's body need to be stabbed? He thought for a moment, tilting his head to the side slightly.

That doesn't make any sense.

If she was going to die anyway from using it, why would she need to stab herself?

What was going on?