"Hey, girl! Did you get the letter?" Alya said as she went through the hatch that enters my room. Alya is a four due to her mother being a head chef and her father is well known for his exotic animals.

"Yeah my sister wants me to enter but with Adrien, I won't," I told her

"I know girl you love him now let's get ready for that date you have with him!" Alya said changing the subject. After her doing my hair down and curling it with pencils that surprised Alya and me that it worked I then proceed to put on a short flowy dark blue dress that I got to finish and some shoes because I can't afford slippers at the moment. Alya and I then proceed to leave my house to meet up with Nino a five. Then we headed off through Gotham to meet up with Adrien, as we went our way through the street filled with people we chatted about what has happened in our lives while we weren't with each other. We then were there and were going to go inside when Nino and Alya stopped in their tracks.

"This is our stop, Mari," Alya said as she smiled at me.

"OK then bye guys! thank you for accompanying me" I said proceeding to hug them both and as I head inside the little cafe with no one inside. I then head towards Adrien going behind him putting my arms around his neck.

"Hello Kitty" I whispered in his ears.

He then got scared and jumped making me laugh as he sees who it is. "oh! M'lady, it's just you! you scared me." He chuckles at the end as he stands up and hugs me.

"I missed you Chaton," I said as I hugged him back. I then proceed to let go of the hug and sit down across from him.

"I missed you to Mari." He said holding my hand. He then sighed and told me; "Izzy got her letter today since she is 16 and I guessed you must get it too." He then looked at my eyes. Izzy is Adrien's sister she wasn't expected in the family but when she came was born to lead and is a ray of sunshine.

"I did get Adrien but I'm not going to try and go to the selection if I have you here," I said to him

"You should do it Mari you should enter. You need the money" He told me seriously.

" Are you crazy! I'm not going to go and enter myself into this selection because I need the money my parent's bakery is doing good right now and your father is paying me a good amount of money!" I let go of his hand that he was holding looking at him as if he was crazy.

"Mari this is an opportunity for you a-and I don't want to feel guilty if you don't enter please Mari just enter you might not even get picked do it for me." He said and I knew he was right because out of all the girls in Illea how would I get chosen?

"I'll do it for you Adrien because I don't have a chance to get selected and only because of that OK?" I told him even though in the back of my head something was telling me I was going to get chosen but I pushed it back and went on with my promise.

"Thank you, Princess now let's go it's getting dark and we don't need you getting home late," Adrien told me as he stood up and put a hand out for I could take to go on our way. I took his hand and we left going to my house. As we stopped in the back of my house I kiss him goodbye and run inside waving my hand goodbye as I go inside. When inside I run into my room opening the hatch closing it and running up my second part of the small stairs flopping onto my bed. I lay there until mama comes inside and sits on the corner of my bed.

"Mari I know you don't want to enter but please it could help your father and me. If you even make it to the selection they give us money and it could help your sisters' academics she could go to a better school. Please my little Minette thinks about it" mama says to me and I really then think through that if I enter I could help my parents a lot more and my sister...she could have a better education even go on to a college out there in California and not here in Gotham.

I turn to mama and tell her "I'll do it if it will benefit us and  if it helps Bridgette's education I'll do it"

"You don't have to," Mama said as she holds my hand looking sincere.

"I want to mama" I smile at her as I say it

"Thank you Minette you make your father and me so proud!" Mama told me with excitement filled in her voice. Maybe that's apart of the reason I said yes because I didn't want to disappoint them in some way even though I know I won't disappoint them by saying no. I then proceed to lay down on my bed as the time goes by until I fell asleep.

1682 words for this chapter I hope you like this first chapter of this new book!

Luv,