Chapter 1: The First Meeting

"Good morning baby. How's sleep? Good?" Mom greeted me with her usual smile. It's a smile I never wanted to see.

"Good morning mom." I nodded then kissed her.

"Okay, here's your breakfast. Anyway, I've got so many things to do in the office today; I maybe home late, are you going to be okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine mom. No need to worry." I said. She's always been like that, caring, loving, and such; I'm proud to have a mother like her, though I know she still struggles.

"Are you done, baby? We'll be late for school." She cut me from my thoughts.

"Ah, yes mom. Let's go."

The air was chilly as it touched my skin as soon as I stepped out of the house. It's another day where I will need, I know, to struggle to survive. I am nobody in school. I've got no friends; though I have few acquaintances, just some who I've been into group projects before. I am not comfortable with so many people around me. Being friends with people is just not my thing. I'd rather be alone in one corner than be with them. You think it's hard? Nah, on that corner I know I'm safe.

"Baby, what are you still doing there? Get in, we'll be late."

"I'm sorry mom." I said as I open the car's door.

"Are you okay? Are you sick? You seem out of this world today?"

"Mom, I'm fine, I was just thinking about things."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes mom."

"Okay just remember, if there's anything you want to talk about, I'm just here, okay baby?

"Yes mom."

Mom drives me to school every morning and each time, she usually said that. However, I never wanted to talk about this. It will just hurt her.

My school is just 5-minute away from our house; just enough to think things through.

"Here we are."

"Yeah, off I go mom, I love you." I said then kissed her good bye as I open the door.

"I love you too baby. Have a nice day ahead."

"Sure same to you, Mom. Take care." I closed the door and looked at the car drive off.

I sighed as I see students rush to their classes. I still have few minutes left. There's no need to hurry, I thought. I might as well check and leave things on my locker before heading.

As I was putting things out from my bag, someone bumped on me that my things fell. Oh good, thank you very much. I rushed to pick it up but someone's hand picked it up for me. I looked at the person; then I looked down as I get my things from his hand.

"Thank you." I said softly, it's barely a whisper; then I left hurriedly.

"Oh, wait." He said.

I didn't look back though I have not yet put my things on the locker. Ugh! Never mind.