Chapter 4: I think I love her

"My house's over there." I said.

"Huh? What?" He asked.

"My house's over there. I can take it from here. You can go, now." I said, looking away from him.

"Why? I'll walk you from here. It's okay with me." He seems puzzled.

"No, I don't want you to okay? I'm sorry." I ran off. He called me but I didn't look back. This is just wrong.

When I got home, mom was still out. I lay on my bed then covered my face with my pillow. This is so wrong. This can't be happening. I don't want to be close with someone. Those thoughts earlier were lies. I didn't feel safe with him. It can't be. I can't be.

"AHHHHHHHH!" I shouted.

After a few seconds, mom burst into the room looking so worried. "What happened?"

I looked at her and said, "Everything's fine, mom."

"Oh. Really, then why are you shouting like something happened to you? And did you just get home?" Mom asked.

"Ugh, yeah I got home just a few minutes earlier." I answered.

"Okay. So, care to tell me the problem?"

"Ah, I don't know mom. Right now, I just want to be alone. Please?"

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" mom looking worried than ever.

"Yes, I'll tell you if I can't handle this alone. I just need to time to think about things. I'll be fine. Don't worry." I assured her.

"Okay. I'll be downstairs. Are you hungry? What do you want for dinner?"

"Pasta or sandwich is fine mom. Thank you." I hugged and kissed her before she left my room.

I need to get out of this. He's just some kind of boy.

(Cloud's POV)

"I can't understand why. She let me but on our way, just a few blocks away from her home, she suddenly said that I don't need to do it, that she don't want me to do it. Then she ran off like she wants to avoid me." I said to Brett.

"Oh. Dude, you act like she's different from any other girls in school." He said jokingly.

"That's it, she's different. I don't know why. She's plain, simple, not to mention smart, and she's like," I paused thinking the right word to describe her.

"She's beautiful." Brett finally said.

"Beautiful, yeah, how did you know? Do you like her too?" I asked him.

"No, seriously dude, she's not my type." He said as he raised his two hands.

"Then, what" I asked.

"I don't want to sound gay but it's the look in your eyes when you see her, when you look at her. It's like you're saying, "I'm looking at the most beautiful girl in the world"." He said, waving his hands in the air, and then he laughed.

"Cut it off. Nothing's funny." I said; sighing as I continued, "But honestly, you're right, she really is beautiful. I've never seen any girl like her. You know I think I love her."

"You cut it off, dude. You're so gay." He said laughing.

I did not answer him. I think I really love her. But I don't know how to get close to her. She's so precious that I think it's hard for me to say these three words. She's so high that I think I can't reach her. She's up there, and I'm just here. What to do? What to do?