Chapter - B

Shehnaaz Kapoor

I have done my work and now I am in my room reading a book, I don't have a phone so I used my time reading a book. I can't go out of the room because Mr. and Mrs. Kapoor is home. Because it's Saturday. I hate Saturday and Sunday mornings because they were home in the morning but not in the evening I am glad for that..my thoughts were broken when I heard a knock on my door and someone called my name. It's Aunty Rama and she told me that my father is calling me to his study. But, why I thought, what I have done now or what Mrs. Kapoor fill his ears...oh god please help.

Ok, Rama auntie I am going. I tell her through my hand gesture, she working here before I was born my mom told me to call her Amma or auntie.
She's the only one who understands me after my mom. Before I lost her and my voice.

I went to dad's study and knocked I didn't go inside until I heard his voice..' come in '
Opening the door and I saw my dad on his chair and my stepmother sitting on the Sofa beside his working desk.

I stand in front of his table waiting for my new punishment yes punishment, whenever he called me that means my stepmother plans something horrible for me. And she is sitting right beside me smirking. That confirms me.

I am waiting for his words.

Go get ready Today, we are going to your in law's house for lunch and after that decide your marriage date....he said and I stand there with a shock .... marriage ??
I did not when my eyes become moist and I start weeping slowly.

And then heard I loud thud and I start shaking..when he shouts

Stop crying like your stupid mother goes and get ready and I warn you if you do this stupid thing in front of them I really forget that you are my daughter.....he said with a warning tone I know what he meant by that after that I start going to my room but he stops me and shout on me once again and telling me how big burden I am for him. Before exiting his study room door I heard my stepmother consoling my father.

I am come into my room and start caring. After few minutes I stand
Upstart getting ready first I take I relaxing shower after wore my simple yet beautiful suit it's my mother's she used it but still, it has her smell I love it, I love that suit. Standing in front of the mirror I combing my hair well I don't have to make but I have that Vaseline gel that I apply on my lips. One last time I check myself in the mirror controlling my tears I went to the living room.
And there my father and stepmother waiting for me.

After we start going to the car.

I am silent and they were talking about business deals. Well, obviously I can't talk.

Then I heard dad...

They know that you can't talk so don't try to become smart....he pauses....this deal is very important for me it's making a profit in crores....he said and I pause for a moment...

So my marriage is a business deal. To dad and my wannabe husband.

I feel a pinch in my heart... I remember my mom... and try not to cry.

So he's also like dad.

IT'S A DEAL...AND I AM A BURDEN.

********************
.
.
.

Thank you so much and giving me those sweet comments. I love you all and you all are very precious to me.
.
.

Thank you for Reading.
.
Please do follow your writer for more stories.
.
Please do Vote and Comment which makes me smile all the time.
.
Share.
.
Love.
.
Koko Rao