Chapter 1: The First Princess

Start from the beginning

"The emperor and empress has arrived!"

Lucas is now the emperor of the Larressa Empire and my...father. I feel disgusted everytime I have to call him "father". He was my first love and my ex fiancee...now he's my father... disgusting!

And Sasha is my mother now. She was an innocent and sweet girl but I don't think she makes a good empress. She makes tons of mistakes, but no one blames her. Maybe it's because she cries when she made a mistake, and no one can stand to see her cry. What kind of empress is that!? Is she really supposed to be the mother of the empire!?

"Lottie, come here!" The Emperor, Lucas called out to Charlotte.

Charlotte let out a sigh then immediately smiled sweetly at Lucas.

"Father!" She said while running to lucas. Lucas then picked her up.

"Lottie..! Aren't you going to greet your mother?" Sasha, now the empress pouted.

Charlotte wanted to slap that pouting face. But instead acted cute and kept smiling.

"Hehehe! Hello mother!" Charlotte said while smiling.

Sasha took Charlotte from Luca's arms. Charlotte let out a disgusted expression.

"Lottie? What's wrong..?" Sasha was confused

Charlotte immediately started smiling then said "it's nothing mother! A bug just touched me..!"

*****
Charlotte was reading a book and flipping through the pages in silence in a lounge.

"Hmm... isn't it a little strange...?" A maid whispered.

"Hm? What do you mean?" Another maid asked.

"The princess is cute and beautiful don't get me wrong...but sometimes... isn't she's just...too quiet...?"

The other maid glanced at the princess and nodded.

"I have a little sister, and she was very playful and loud when she was at the age of the princess...." A maid said with confusion

"Do you think the princess is sick..?" A maid asked with concern

"I don't think so...." She said with a shaky voice

"Maybe the princess is lonely! She doesn't have any friends"

"Ah! That must be it!" The maids agreed.

Charlotte wasn't lonely. She's just used to being quiet. Back then, when the nobles criticized her for being dumped, she tried to defend herself but it was only drowned out by the mean words from the nobles.

So eventually she came to a conclusion that her words didn't matter. She eventually stopped talking and only spoke when she needed to.

She stopped reading for a moment and looked at the maids.

"Can...I be left alone for a moment?" She asked in a gentle voice.

"Ah..." The maids looked at each other.

"of course, princess. We will wait outside" the maids bowed then left the room.

As soon as they left Charlotte sighed. She looked up at the ceiling and closed her book.

Charlotte approached a window and placed her hand on the glass window, and looked out at the garden.

The book she was reading was a fairytale book. It was about a smart and hardworking commoner. She caught the attention of the crown prince and they ended up together.

The book said everyone who is kind, patient, and hardworking will find their happiness and happy ending.

"Pfft.. how pathetic..." Charlotte said sarcastically. She was hardworking, although she was born into nobility, she still worked hard and studied hard. She was patient and remained silent when she was humiliated. She was also kind, but yet....

Where was her happy ending?

She isn't happy...

She let out a defeated smile and looked down at her feet. She suddenly felt so helpless and defeated. It was a weird feeling. She couldn't explain it, but there was pain in her heart. She has definitely felt this before....what was this feeling called again..?

Oh yes...it was envy..

She wished she could be happy like Sasha. She feels so empty and confused. What did she lack? Did she lack something Sasha had in the past?

Beauty? No

Intelligence? Of course not!

So what..!? Did she deserve to see her entire family die!?

Charlotte sighed. She suddenly notice something red on the window.

...it was blood?

She looked at her hand and noticed one of her fingers was bleeding. Turns out that there was a crack in the window and when she too was deep in thought, she accidentally pressed her finger too hard on the cracked glass. Which caused her finger to bleed.

But something was odd...

She didn't feel pain..?

It didn't hurt at all!

She pressed her bleeding finger. Her finger kept bleeding, but she felt nothing.

She just noticed that she didn't feel pain at all ever since her reincarnation.

It just felt numb..

Charlotte didn't feel pain anymore because of her past. Specifically her execution....

When she was being executed. The executioner used an axe and he wasn't very skilled. So when he tried to cut of her head on the block, it got stuck...

It was so painful. Charlotte felt so much pain. The executioner had to keep pressing down on the axe, stuck in the middle of her neck, and finally was able to kill her.

It seemed that her execution was so painful, and she was so much in pain and trauma that she turned numb to pain...

The blood from her finger dropped to the floor, but Charlotte just kept staring at it with lifeless eyes.

"It seems that I don't feel pain anymore..."

Note: this will be the only chapter so far for this novel..since I will be mostly working on my current novel "The Villainess's Great Revenge". But as soon as I finish "The Villainess's Great Revenge" I'll work on this novel. So this will be the only chap so far, unless I change my mind-