Chapter 78: For a Day

Start from the beginning

" Also, he revived Fenrir's children. They will replace the twins in guiding his realm seeing that the two of them are now accompanying me."

Erin set down the wolf on the floor and it settled to a corner near the Goddess.

" I'm happy that you're back." Rias said as she finally hugged the girl.

"It has only been 2 days though."

" Hmm. It doesn't matter." mumbled Rias and snuggled closer.

" Anyways, how are things, Buchou?" Erin asked with a smirk once they separated. The red head slapped her arm lightly and turned away from her.

" I already discussed what happened during Loki's capture to Onii-sama. He and the other leaders were surprised at Hade's sudden appearance."

" Well, me and the twins were surprised too." Erin said as she sat on the bed. "We weren't expecting that we will finally locate him on that day. Maybe we just got lucky."

" Does that mean you can return to Olympus now?"

" Yes. Uncle Hades will accompany me so that I can visit Olympus at some point together with my family." replied Erin as she laid down. " Though it might be for a later time since he is busy with all his work."

"We thought you will be leaving for good." Rias mumbled as she joined the girl on the bed. Erin gave off a confused expression at this.

"Didn't I say that I will only be visiting?"

" Yeah but the thought just bothers us somehow."

"Don't stay close to me for now. I'm feeling drained from flying and carrying Fenrir all the way here so I don't want to get cuddled by you." Erin said but the red head ignored her.

" You're really hard-headed." Erin rolled her eyes.

There were loud knocks at the door which startled the two. Rias got up to open the door and Issei immediately rushed to the Goddess.

" I-Issei?"

" ERIN! YOU'RE BACK!" said Issei as he hugged the Goddess with intensity. This caused the wolf to growl loudly and bare his fangs at Issei.

"Whoa!" Issei stepped away from the Goddess as the wolf slowly approached him.

" Fenrir, behave." came Erin's firm tone and the wolf instantly calmed down.

" T-This is Fenrir?! That Gigantic wolf?"

Erin nodded with a smile and motioned for the wolf to come to her.

"Hai. Uncle Hades gave him to me. He'll be joining us from now on."

Issei stared at the wolf warily, his past incident flashing back on his mind.

" I apologize. You must have felt a certain trauma from what happened with Fenrir. But I'll have you know that he's tamer now." Erin smiled as the wolf nuzzled his face on her lap.

" Here, try patting his head."

" E-Eh?"

" Come on, don't be scared." Erin coaxed as he held Issei's hand. The boy shut his eyes in fright but was surprised to see Fenrir wagging his tail at him.

" See? I told you." Erin wore a triumphant smile.

Issei eventually warmed up to the wolf and his fears vanished.

" Issei, how did you know that Erin already returned?" asked Rias with a sigh.

" Well, we saw Tsubaki and Azusa downstairs so we thought that Erin must have returned as well."

The others came to the room within seconds and they flocked around Erin. The Goddess entertained their questions one after the other.

" Easy guys. We have all the time to talk so chill, haha." she sheepishly said.

The ORC spent a couple more days at the Gremory Estate to finish their training until it was time for them to leave.

Rias parents' and Grayfia sent them off together with the other servants.

"Well then, Father, Mother, and Millicas. We'll be heading back now."

" Big sister Rias, are you really going back already?" Millicas sadly asked.

" I'm sorry, Millicas."

Grayfia placed a hand on the boy's shoulder and appeased him.

" Your Big Sister is quite busy. Please be more understanding."

" Hai, Mother."

" EHHHHH?"

The members were shocked about the discovery.

" Mother?" Xenovia uttered in surprise

"T-Then that means Sirzechs' wife is.." Issei's eyes widened.

" Sirzechs.. making his wife act as his maid.." Erin face-palmed at the thought. " That kinky devil of a man."

The group boarded the train where Koneko quickly settled near the Goddess, laying her head on the girl's lap.

" Koneko-chan?" Xenovia uttered in surprise while Kiba smiled at the scene.

" We are a fighting species that can not find peace in our hearts."

Kuroka's words flashed in Koneko's mind and she nuzzled closer to Erin.

" Senpai.." She looked up at the Goddess. " This is the place I find the most peace."

Erin smiled at this and ran her hand on Koneko's hair. The latter instantly relaxed and slept comfortably again.

Rias and Akeno were observing the scene from a distance.

"To think that even Koneko-chan has opened her heart to Erin. It would have been hard to imagine before." commented the raven head.

" That's true."

" Hey, Rias.." Akeno trailed off as she looked outside the window. " Can you give Erin to me even just for a day?"

Rias quickly snapped her head at the girl

" Hey, Akeno! Erin is not a thing which I will just give away!" The red head noticed what the girl was implying so she approved the request albeit with reluctance.

" I see. You are planning to tell her about your past."

" Yes. Since I've come to terms with it, somehow."

" In the end, everyone is saved by Erin again."

Akeno nodded at this and smiled meaningfully.

" There is no doubt about that."

A comfortable silence fell between the two and Rias voiced out her response.

" Okay. I'll let Erin spend a day with you."

" Thank you, Rias."

- End of Chapter -