twenty-eight

i woke up still in bryce's arms from last nightin, i looked down at my leg and it was pretty badly bruised still and hurt like hell. i noticed bryce was still asleep so i quietly slipped out of my bed and hobbled to the bathroom and closed the door behind me and turned the light on. i grabbed the advil off the counter and took one for my pain, i slid down the wall and took another look at me leg, i opened my photos app and scrolled to last year and looked at the photo of my leg and it looked pretty similar tears started to leave my eyes what if i tore it again i can't go through that again. i heard a knock "alyssa?" bryce asked "uh yeah" i say "are you ok?" he asks "yeah i'm fine" i say wiping my tears "alyssa open the door please" he says i leaned over to unlocked the door he turned the knob and opened the door "alyssa what's wrong" he says sitting next to me "it's just me leg it looks and feels like when i tore it and i'm scared i did it again i can't go through it again" i say crying even harder "aw princess come here" he says i leaned i head on his shoulder and he pulled me to a hug "whatever happens i promise all of us will be here for you" he says i gave him a small smile "you wanna go to the hospital and check it out or you wanna just take it easy?" he asked "well it looks the same so i probably did something to it so i guess i should go" i sighed "i know you don't wanna go but you never now maybe it's just a sprain and everything will be ok" he says "yeah maybe your right" i say. he helped me up and we threw me a hoodie and shorts and i changed with great difficulty. "ryderson bryce told me what happened you ok?" josh says hugging me "yeah i really hope i didn't do it again" i say hugging him "hey don't think the worst everything might be ok" josh says "hopefully" i say "bryce can't come with you and i can't either with meetings we can't get out of im really sorry" he says "it's ok i get it y'all are busy people" i say "blake's gonna go with you i think" josh says helping me downstairs "blake you don't have to come with me you hav better things to do" i say "no alyssa i don't want to leave you sitting all by yourself" he says "blake honestly i'll be fine i promise if stuff goes bad i'll call you guys" i say "ok fine but i'm driving you" josh says "i'll see you later good luck ok" bryce says leaning in and kissing me. josh helped me walk outside and to his car and helped me in and drove over to the hospital "you sure your gonna be ok by yourself?" he asks "yes josh i promise i'll be fine i'll call you ok i promise" i say "ok" he says hugging me. i walked inside to the er and went up to the desk "hi ma'am how can i help you?" the nurse asks "hi yesterday i tripped over a curb and did something to my leg and it's only gotten worse" i say "ok , can i see your id and here let me help you to a room" she says i gave her my id and she gave my a bracelet and she helped me to my room "thank you" i say "no problem love just hit that button if you need anything" she says "ok" i say flashing her a smile and she left the room. i waited for a little while until there was a knock on the door "yeah" i say "hi i'm doctor smith" she says "hi i'm alyssa" i say "so what happened here" she says looking at my leg "well i was walking back to my car from dinner and i tripped up on the curb" i say "well i don't think it's broken definitely sprained at least" she says "oh and last year i play hockey and i tore my acl and mcl in this leg" i say "oh ok that's good to know can you put pressure on your leg?" she asked "yes but it hurts a lot" i say "ok let's get you to x ray to see what's going" she says. she went and grabbed me a wheel chair and came back "so weird question are you alyssa ryderson the hockey player from canada?" she asks "yeah that's me" i say "wow loved your game" she says "thank you" i say flashing her a smile, "so i see you've been all over tiktok as well" she says "yeah i guess it's my new life and i love it" i say. we got up to x-ray and and took it she came back in and helped back into the wheelchair "well good news it's not broken but you do have a slight tear in your mcl" she says i sighed "i'm sorry i don't have better news" she says "it's ok so surgery or?" i asked "yes unfortunately but heal time is probably only gonna be about 6 weeks healing time" she says "so we can schedule it for tomorrow morning" she says "ok let's do it" i say. we finished up the paperwork and i called blake to come pick me up, she also gave me some crutches so i can actually walk now. i walked out to blake who was driving my car "thanks frosted blakes" i say "so what's the word?" he asks "tore my mcl and i'm having surgery tomorrow morning" i sighed "really? wow i'm sorry it wasn't better" he says giving me a side hug. we arrived back at the sway house "hey ryderson how'd it go?" josh says "tore my mcl again and surgery is tomorrow" i say "i'm sorry" he says hugging me "it's ok i'll be ok" i say "where bryce?" i asked "blake told him what happened but he's at a meeting right now" he says.

time skip

we just finished up with dinner and we were leaving "oh god i'm gonna get trampled" i say seeing all the paparazzi coming towards us "don't worry we should just get you home your gonna have a long day" josh says "hey guys" he says "hi" i say "alyssa what happened?" they asked "my fall from yesterday re tore my mcl" i say "oh wow hope everything goes ok" he says "thank you" i say smiling. we got back to the car and drove back to sway, "alright i'll see you in the morning because you need sleep" josh says "ok night josh" i say hugging him "love you" he says "love you to" i say going into my room. i changed and bryce slipped into bed with me and hugged me "i'm ok" i say he leaned in and kissed me "alright you need to rest but i promise that i will help you with everything you need after did they say how long gut will take to heal?" he asked "about 6 weeks" i say "night princess" he says lightly shifting me "night bryce" i say i fell asleep after.
---------
a/n
hey guys tyyyy for 40k honestly didn't come into this thinking i would get this much supports so ty guys!