pt. 2 of 6 - he's a Trans boy

Leo looked at his flag with a frown. He couldn't have this up here. He could practically hear his foster mother yelling at him to take it down. He could see her ripping up another piece. He wasn't behaving.

"Back to the cage." She said and he did. He cried the makeup off, took off the heels, and wanted to rip up the skirts and dresses in his mothers closet.

"Leo?" He heard and turned around. Percy was there looking at him in concern.

"I uh…. I haven't seen you all morning." He said in concern and that's when he noticed the tears.

"What's wrong?" He asked and Leo wiped his eyes. He tried smiling but he couldn't.

"Nothing just…. Just thinking." He said sadly.

"Todays the day isn't it?" He asked and Leo nodded. Percy sighed and walked up to him. He sat next to him putting an arm around him. He noticed the flag on the wall and raised an eyebrow. It was a pattern of light blue, pink white pink light blue. Like the white was a mirror of some kind.

"What's that?" He asked and Leo blushed.

"Something mom gave me for my fifth birthday." Percy nodded but noticed the burn marks and rips but he kept quiet.

"Best present she gave me in a million years." He said. Percy noticed the way Leo looked at it. He looked scared but happy at the same time. Maybe he was upset about how ruined it was.

"Who….. what does it mean?" He asked and Leo jumped.

"Does it have to mean anything?"

"Yes. I've seen enough pride flags to know it's a gay thing." He said and Leo blushed looking away from him.

"It's more um….. gender." Percy stayed quiet for a few seconds but his eyes soon widened in realization.

"Oh. Ooooooooohhhhhhh………." He said and Leo nodded with tears in his eyes.

"Oh nono Leo it's not like that. It's okay. I don't care, if anything I'm proud of you." He said and Leo smiled a little. A real smile. One he wore when Jason was there. None of the fake ones Jason witnessed since he met him.

"R-really?" He asked and he nodded.

"Of course."

"You're the first person to ever say that in a long time you know."

"I shouldn't have been." He said.

"Doesn't change the fact it happened." He said.

"That what happened?" Leo froze and looked away.

"Come on puppy." He said and Leo shook his head.

"You promised remember? You said you'd tell me." He said and Leo sighed.

"I know I know. This one…… it hurts. A lot."

"One of my foster moms. She…. She uh…… she found out. She already hit me with belts. Told me she loved me. Manipulated me. I didn't know what love felt like anymore so I believed her. But when she found out she……. She put me in a cage. She kept me there a-and forced me to wear girl th-things and…. And s-sold me." He was shaking in Percy's arms now as he sobbed.

"I-I gave up. I d-didn't care anym-more." He said and Percy held him tighter.

"She ended up locking me in the basement because I was being bad. I'm a bad kid."

"No no ssssshhhhh…. You're perfect. Just the way you are."

"No you don't get it." He said pushing him away.

"That's what they said. That's what everyone said. They always said I'm a bad kid. A-a runaway. They called me a freak. Disgusting."

"Leo they're wrong. They didn't even know you. Not the way we do. Not the way I do." He said grabbing his hands.

"What do you know?" He asked a little ruder than intended but Percy didn't care. Instead he smiled.

"You're bad boy supreme. Commander of the argo ll, hot stuff." With each comment he leaned closer crawling over him.

"Like you're really hot." He said his breath hitting Leo's lips. His hands were on both his sides.

"Can I…." He said and Leo nodded. He leaned in fully tilting his head. He pecked it once.

"What else…." Leo said but stopped when he pecked his lips again.

"Do…." And again.

"You see…." And again.

"In me?" He finished and Percy stopped. Leo loved it he wasn't going to lie but he didn't want kisses unless he actually meant it.

"Well for starters you're adorable. You're kind and funny and sweet and brave and responsible and smart….." He went on and on the list until Leo's face was red.

"There are so many reasons to love you and you being a boy makes it better." He said and Leo smiled wide tears falling from all the compliments. He kissed his nose and Leo giggled at the tingle.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome handsome." He said and, if it was possible, Leo smiled more. And so did the other seven out the door. They heard everything.