30

[This gif is so cute]

It was safe to say that this was the most awkward breakfast the squad had had in their three years of friendship. Delilah picked at her food on one end of the table and Oliver on the other. She only talked to Jesse and Connor who were pretty much clueless of what had happened.
"Okay, this is getting really weird.." Clarissa said out loud.
"Will someone tell us what happened?" Jesse asked the group and they exchanged looks amongst themselves, "why don't you ask Delilah?" Percy told Jesse and Connor who turned their heads to the girl.
"I was drunk, he was drunk" Delilah defended.
"Did you both-" Jesse was going to come to a conclusion when Oliver jumped in, "We just snogged! And it didn't mean anything, we were both drunk. And it's not like the first time I ended up snogging some girl while I was drunk." Oliver was trying his best to get rid of the tension in the air but he might've made it worse.
It would be a lie if Delilah said she wasn't hurt. This wasn't just a fling for her, she meant every second of it, even though she was drunk. But apparently for Oliver, she was just some girl.
She awkwardly stood up, "I forgot something in my dorm. My potions book.." she told the lot and walked out of the great hall.
"She doesn't have potions today.." Jesse noted.

Delilah shouldn't have been so bothered by what Oliver had said but she was. Maybe because a part of her had believed that he thought of her the same way.
Her pace was as fast as the thoughts running through her mind. Her hand subconsciously went to her lips as she was starting to remember what had happened.
She remembered that she was the one to kiss him but he hadn't stopped her. She remembered giggling up the staircase as they stumbled into his dorm. She remembered his hands around her waist. She remembered laying next to him on his bed.
"Delilah! Wait!" The girl turned around to see Alexander calling out for her.
"Not now Alex" Delilah walked away from him but he was faster. He gently took hold of her wrist, "You weren't just some girl for him."
"This is dumb, let's just drop it"
"Talk to me, I want to know what happened before you invalidate how you feel" Alexander told her. Delilah looked at him and then moved her gaze to the direction of the Great hall.
"I like him, I do. But I'm afraid you're wrong. He just said that it was just a fling and that too because we were drunk. Yesterday, we were thrown out of class and we sat in the common room, we almost kissed. Almost. It's my fault, I thought he liked me too."
"He does," Alexander told,"He's liked you since fourth year."
"He literally just said that it didn't mean anything to him. I don't want to get my hopes up. Are we done here?" Delilah asked Alexander and he nodded. The girl started to walk away but Alexander called out after her, "If you don't believe me, ask him yourself!"

When Alexander stood up and left behind Delilah, the rest of the group practically pounced on him.
"Why would you say that?" Clarissa hit his arm as he winced and rubbed it.
"Because you all wouldn't shut up!" Oliver retorted, "And I panicked a little! She made it very clear that it didn't mean anything. She said she did it when we were both drunk"
Percy rolled his eyes at the boy, "It's very clear that she was offended when you said she's just some girl! She obviously cared what you think of her!"
Oliver sighed trying to think of what all had happened the previous night.
He had carried her up the staircase as they kissed each other and stumbled into the room laughing. They had snogged in the room too but the two were too drunk to do anything further. This only confused Oliver more. Would they have taken it any further if they weren't blacking out?
"Has she even told any of you if she was remotely interested in me?" Oliver asked Jesse, Clarissa and Connor. They all shook their heads. Delilah had never come right out and said it to anyone but it was quite obvious that she did.
"Unless she doesn't confess, how will any of us know?" Oliver asked the lot.
"Why don't you just ask her yourself?"