CHAPTER 14: ORIGIN - SOLAR FLARE

DISCLAIMER: i MAY OWN THIS BEAUTIFUL STORY OF MINE ALONG WITH THE GIRL FULL OF TEENAGE ANGST, KASAI TODOROKI, BUT I DO NOT OWN My Hero Academia!!!!

Fire and Fury by Skillet

Azula and Zuko gif

CHAPTER 14: ORIGIN - SOLAR FLARE
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THIRD POV
THE SNOW HAIRED Todoroki stood on the fighting platform after her match, listening to the roars and cheers direct towards only her. The attention, it's like ecstasy in her veins, is a natural high for her. The overwhelming sense of pride that she won her second match, the happiness, it makes tears brim at her icy colored eyes.

Keeping her right hand raised in a fist, she continues grinning, ignoring her father's steely eyes as silent proud tears trail down her cheeks. Every time she rises in victory in this festival, it's only proving to everyone - her classmates, her first year peers, her family - that she's the one to beat.

However, this festival isn't over yet.

No, she smirks. Mine and Shoto's fight is next! There's no excuse in holding back now.

Her tears practically turn to steam as she becomes more determined, and her grin turns to a smirk. Dropping, her raised fist, she clenches her hands at her sides before turning on her heel. Kasai's practically manic as she leaves the platform. Ideas, strategies, swirl in her head like a raging wildfire - determined to burn down her opponent. marching across the field and into the tunnel, Kasai ignores everything as she keeps her head held high. 

Climbing the numerous sets of stairs to the viewing area, the pale haired girl can practically feel victory in her veins. She knows that it's foolish to get ahead of herself and be arrogant, but she's confident in her skills. Especially when she's no longer going to hold herself back. She's aware that in her next fight she's going to release all the pent up emotions, because this fight, it's something she's been waiting for practically all her life. Ever since she was casted off as 'not good enough'.

And now, she can prove her father wrong. She is good enough! 

Reaching the viewing room with the rest of her classmates, Kasai steps in and immediately, she's bombarded with congratulations from her peers. Mina goes as far as giving the hot tempered girl a hug. The Todoroki gives her friend a tight smile, and inwardly sighs in relief when the latter pulls away. In the middle of her peers, Kasai makes eye contact with a pair of mismatched eyes. 

The two Todorokis stare at each other, not wavering. Shoto's indifference clashes with Kasai's frozen glare. They stare for so long that the air around them turns tense, slowly putting a stop to cheery attitude of their classmates. When they notice the change of atmosphere, they find the two siblings staring down the other. They don't know if the air is getting hotter or colder because the tension is so thick that they feel both chills and heat prickling at their bodies. 

It's suffocating. 

Now they understand the animosity, and if this is just a sliver, then they can't imagine how their home life is like. 

In synch, the two Todorokis look away from each other and focus on the arena as Midnight calls for the next match. Kasai gives Mina an encouraging nod, and the latter smiles knowing that her newly acquainted friend is supporting her. When everyone else settles into their seats, they still look at the two siblings with apprehension.