𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭 | 𝟎𝟏

𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬, and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time.

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck?" Pope asks as he squints up at John B, who's standing on the edge of a new house construction. "I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival."

"Hm," John B hums, licking his finger before putting it up to the slight breeze. "Should I do it?" he asks.

"Yeah, you should jump," Pope responds before holding a drill up, pretending it's a gun. "I'll shoot you on the way down.

"You'll shoot me?" John asks in a sarcastic tone.

"Yep."

"Pow!" John B says, mimicking a gun with his fingers.

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers," Kiara complains as she walks out from around the corner to where the boys and I are.

"Of course. Why wouldn't they?" JJ responds in a "duh" kind of tone as his arms hang over a pipe.

"You know, this used to be a turtle habitat," I back Kie upfront where is sit on a few feet behind JJ. "But who cares about the turtles, right?"

"I can't have cold towels, Y/n. You know that," JJ says as he turns his head to look back at me.

"Yes, JJ. I know." I roll my eyes, a smile tugging at my lips, before looking back toward John B, my twin brother. "Can you please not kill yourself?" I ask as I raise my hand above my eyes to see him better. "If you die I'm not going to have anyone to take care of me," I whine.

"I'll take care of you," I hear JJ say softly. I smile up at him and he smiles back before turning to John B, "Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one."

"Whoa!" my brother exclaims as he leans his foot out a little too far. "Oh, shit," he mutters as his beer falls from his grasp.

"Of course you did," JJ grumbles. "Right after I told you not to."

"Smooth," Kiara says quietly as John B groans in frustration.

"A-plus," Pope deadpans as Kie comes over to sit next to me.

"Dumbass," I whisper before resting my head on Kie's shoulder.

"Hey!" we hear a man say. My head pops up before it turns, looking in the direction of where the voice came from.

"Hey, uh, security's here," Pope warns. "Let's wrap it up."

"Boys are early today," John B says, looking over in the direction of the cops.

"They just ruined my whole day, man," I grumble as JJ comes over and reaches his hands out to both Kie and me. We both take his hand before getting pulled up. "Thanks."

"Humpty Dumpty, let's roll," JJ says in John B's direction before turning away from us and climbing down from the roof.

"Let's go, boys, and girl," Kie directs as she jumps down from the roof before I quickly follow suit.

"You better hurry up, John B. I'm not breaking you out of jail again," I yell up at him before turning and running after Kiara.

"Gary, is that you?" JJ asks jokingly as he leans over the railing to see if it is.

"Get down," Pope hurries JJ.

"It's me," JJ teases Gary. "Gary, good to see you, man!"

"Is it time?" John B asks no one in particular as JJ continues to tease Gary.

"You're asking for it." Kiara eyes JJ specifically.

"JJ!" we hear Gary yell.

"Whoo!" I exclaim in utter excitement as we all run toward the front of the house.