I gave Punzie the room next to mine, Jack was across from me, and Hiccup was a little farther down the hall. After we unpacked our things and changed, we were called for lunch.

After a delicious lunch of roast beef and rice, I got bored. Punzie and Hiccup had went to the library, my brothers were still fishing, and my parents disappeared to their own room. Without thinking, I went to the stables. I didn't realize Jack had followed me until he spoke up.

“I don't care what you're doing, I just want to come." He said. I noticed he was wearing a blue sweater, jeans, and a pair of black Converse. I wore a black t-shirt under a maroon jacket with some cargo pants and my favourite pair of boots.

“Go get on Dreamer." I said, hopping on Angus and grab my bow and quiver. He goes over and hops on the white speckled horse and I lead the way to the forest.

°°°°°°°°°°°°

“Woah, you're good."

I showed him all my homemade targets the first time through the forest, then, next I shot them. Afterwards, Jack figured he could beat me at archery. So, we painted half of my arrows blue, then have them to him and I gave him my extra bow. Then, we went back to the front of the forest and took off.

I was worried I was going to lose. I shot every target except one, because Angus sped up. I rode back to the other edge of the forest where I met Jack. The we rode slowly through the forest counting how many we'd hit. I probably shouldn't have worried. He hit a total of 6 targets. I hit my total of 49.

“Thanks, Mr. Frost." I said, trying to give a smile that didn't look like a convicted serial killer. He just smiled back. Then he looked kind of excited.

“So...during the ball...that kiss?"

I coughed. I was hoping he didn't remember that. So I tried to play it cool.

“Um...right...yeah...Oh no, we're late for Christmas dinner!"

Then we sped off, both slightly disappointed.

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~

At dinner, we all came together and ate cream puffs, eclairs, chestnuts wrapped in bacon, and American delicacies called egg rolls and potstickers. We ate so much, we all stumbled to bed immediately after.

***********

Later that night, I woke up from a weird nightmare. It was in some maze, and this laughter rang from all around, and I knew I had to get away from it. Anyways, when I woke up, I got bored and got up to go find a book. My nightgown bugged me all the way across the room. It only went to my knees and the neckline started at my collarbone and shoulders. It made me feel like a princess.

And I didn't like this.

Anyways, as soon as I grabbed a book, there was a knock at my door. I put the book away and opened the door to reveal....Jack. Shirtless (with pajama pants, but that's not the point.)

“Hey...I kinda couldn't sleep. I thought I'd hang out with you." He said.

“Um..sure. No problem." I said, my face burning up.

“Cool." He said, smiling. He stepped in and I gave a little scoff. He looked down at his...lack of shirt and turned to me.

“What? Does this-" He struck a pose.“-bother you?"

I let out a laugh. He was funny even when I felt like I was going to pass out from all his Jack-ness.

“Uhm..no!" I sputter. “The question is, can you handle this?" I said, posing. Then we both started laughing at the ridiculousness of it. So we decided to watch a movie on something my Mum gave me (She called it an IPad).

We were halfway through a movie called Shrek about a Scottish ogre, when we realized it was almost dawn. I sent him to bed, and finished the movie myself.

~~~~~~~

After opening our presents, everyone was going through that lazy phase after Christmas. Punzie and Hiccup went to eat some Sugar Quills in the kitchen, and my whole family went to visit the village,to, “give my friends and I some privacy" as Mum put it. So it ended up me showing Jack around my house.

“What's that?"

“An old tapestry portrait of my family."

“What's that?"

“A stuffed bear my dad throws axes off."

“What's that?"

I looked up. “Mistletoe." I said quietly. He smiled.

“Merry Christmas, Merida." He said. Then, he leaned over and kissed me.

It was the first kiss we didn't run away from each other. The first one we realized it. The first one that brought on another.

“Jack..." I wanted to say something sappy, but instead what I'd heard at the Yule Ball came flooding in. I hid my face in his shoulder and tried to hold back the tears.

“Merida? C'mon, it wasn't that bad, was it?" He said, trying to be funny. When he saw something was really wrong, he led me to the main living room, sat me on the couch, and looked at me expectantly.

When I told him about me being in danger and Pitch Black coming back, Jack went paler than usual. He quickly told me about Hans' conversation with the disembodied voice.

I'd like to say we were being brave.

In reality, we both held each other, staring at the fire, unmoving, for about 10 minutes. Then I spoke.

“I don't want you to die." I whispered.

“Believe me, it's not at the top of my wish list either." He said.

We sat there, and only when we released each other, did I realize that I just cuddled with Jack.

************

Three days of lazy relaxation later, it was time to go back to Hogwarts. We all gave tearful goodbyes, except my brothers, who were too busy stealing cream puffs to pay attention.

When we boarded the train, Hiccup put his arm around Punzie and Jack did the same to me. With that and what we'd heard during the ball, we had a lot to talk about on our way back.
Hey guys!
More shout outs!! :)
@TrashyWifi my great friend who just joined recently and is writing a fan fiction of her own!
@Airehn who apparently needs even MORE Tyler in her life.
Sorry for the bad chapter I have a small case of writer's block so don't kill me. Thanks :)
Until next update!
-Lemony