Chapter 25

A T H E N A

"When raindrops fell, down from the sky, the day you left me an angel cried. Oh, she cried. An angel cried. She cried"

° ° °

"Excited?" Vincenzo asks as we walk up to the plane. I smile and nod. "Yes, I just want to know where we're going," I pout, and let him help me up the stairs of his jet.

"Well, I'll give you a hint," he says. We both greet the pilot and shake hands with him. He announces that the jet will take off soon.

"Thank you, Robert," Vincenzo smiles, and walks inside.

"So, what's the hint?" I ask, and take a seat on the couch. After we've settled ourselves, he wraps his arm around my shoulder to pull me closer to him.

"It's not that far from Greece. Actually, it's only a 98-minute flight," he says. I raise my eyebrows. "Really?" I ask. He nods with a smile. "Yep," he says, popping the 'p'.

"But, we'll arrive at like 11 PM," I say. He glances at me. "So? They won't care anyway," he shrugs. My eyes widen. "They?" I repeat.

"Fuck," he curses under his breath. I start laughing. "You gave yourself away, you idiot!" I laugh. "But who are they?" I ask, and raise my eyebrows.

"If I tell you, it won't be a surprise anymore," he says. "Please?" I pout, and bat my eyelashes.

He seems to consider the idea of telling me, and lets out a sigh. "You really want to know?" he asks, and wipes a strand of hair away from my face. I nod, and send him a reassuring smile.

He leans in to whisper in my ear. "Italy."

I let out a loud gasp, and look at him with widened eyes. "Are you serious?" I ask. He smiles and nods.

"Yes," he answers.

I laugh in disbelief. "So... we're going to your parents? Oh my God, I'm going to meet you parents," I whisper when realization downs on me.

He chuckles. "Well, we'll go to my house first to drop off our baggage and rest. Tomorrow we'll be visiting them," he says, and pecks my lips.

Now that I know where we're going, I can't help but feel a little nervous about the fact that I'll be meeting his parents.

Why would he even want me to if I don't mean anything to him?

Vincenzo pulls me out of my thoughts by pecking my cheek and smiling down at me.

We talk for most part of the flight, and it doesn't take long before the pilot announces that we're arriving through the speakers.

The sky is dark, but the cities light it up which is a beautiful sight.

"Welcome to Rome, mia cara," Vincenzo whispers to me.

My face is practically glued to the window. With my lips parted and eyes wide I watch the city beneath me.

"We're about to land, bella, buckle up," Vincenzo says, and pulls me back down. I do as he says and rest my head on his shoulder.

It's unbelievable that I woke up in Athens, and that I'll be closing my eyes in Rome.

After ten minutes, we land on the grounds of Italy, and when we get out of the plane the warm air welcomes us.

A man walks up to us and starts speaking to Vincenzo in Italian, to turn to me afterwards.

"Evening, miss," he greets, his accent even thicker than Vincenzo's. A sleek, black car pulls up behind him, and he walks over to it to open the door for us.

𝐒𝐈𝐍 | 𝟏𝟖+जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें