CHAPTER 15

━

Fate was never on Hoseok's side. And looks like it's particularly not on his side today, seeing how he messed up with the results of two files. He was almost thankful to Lord before that happened, because by the way he has been rushing to finish his work, he assumed he'd meet the deadline and he'd be able to submit all the files before the required time.

But of course, things had to change. :)

Hands sweaty, and his mind empty, Hoseok ended up skipping couple of papers in between the analysis of the last two files. So, guess what now? He now has to rectify his mistakes and try finishing it off before what, ten minutes.

What! Ten minutes!? Hoseok exclaims as he panicked. He's done for it. God knows how Jimin would punish him. The least he hopes is to deduct his salary because he just can't afford that.

He still has to pay half of the down payment of his apartment, and not to forget, his fridge is completely as empty as new. He has no groceries or whatsoever. So he prays he doesn't get a salary deduction.

Giving up, he sighs as he gets up and grabs all the files and starts going towards Jimin's desk. He knows he will never be able to finish the two files in just ten minutes. He just knows it. So, he was preparing himself to face the consequences.

The boss was impressed as he saw his assistant arrive way earlier than he expected, "Didn't expect you to finish it off. Not to mention, you're here to submit those before time."

Hoseok awkwardly shakes his head and gives a forceful smile, "U— um, sir."

"Yes, Hoseok." Jimin responds, taking the files from where Hoseok put them. "Speak."

"I, I apologize, but I wasn't able to finish two of the files."

"Oh, you weren't?" Jimin questions, "And here I thought you were worth praising. I'm so sad." He feigns sadness as he pouts looking at Hoseok.

Hoseok doesn't know if he should take that lightly, or seriously. Why in the world is his boss taking to him in aegyo? Or is he taunting him? It's hard to figure out. Because, one second, Jimin looks dead serious, and the other, he smiles., or in this case— pouts.

He bows thrice, "I'm sorry," he then looks at his boss, who looked back at him with pursed lips and squinted eyes, "—sir." He was thankfully quick to understand about his expressions this time, "If you will, maybe, give me half an hour more—"

"I won't."

The assistant was taken aback. He didn't even get to finish what he wanted to say.

"I won't, Hoseok. I don't like taking my words back. So, if I say you'll be punished for the late submission, then you will. I don't want to hear any sort of excuses, or pleads from you. Understand?"

"I— I do. Sir."

Jimin nods, satisfied. "Now, do you want to know how you are going to be punished?" He smirks at Hoseok.

The person to whom the question was directed to, felt a shiver run throughout his body. But, nonetheless, he nods his head shakily. "N— no."

"Well, let's just say— you're my favourite person. So I'll go easy on you, yeah?" And Hoseok nods again, not knowing what else to speak. Jimin hums, pretending as though he was thinking what punishment to be given to the man I'm front of him, even though he had it all planned. "I've decided."

Hoseok shots his head up feeling anxious. "Your punishment," he hears his boss— Jimin speak again, "I've decided what to punish you with."

updated on ;;
date 03102020
time 07 01 am

Not proofread.