Chapter 3

+++
Chapter 3

++++

Once I finished getting dressed I blow dried my hair and finally felt like myself, I walked out of the room to the very alluring smell of bacon and eggs. I walked down the hall toward the kitchen and there sitting at island was his sister Leona. Leona and Julius resemble each other and many ways but Leona had intense gray eyes and curly long brown hair. 

“Finally I get to meet you; Julius must really like you because he was trying to keep you all to himself.” She teased.

I jumped a little when I felt tingles shoot up my spine and I could feel Julius standing behind me. “Seriously I’m going to grab my breakfast and take it to my study and let you to get acquainted.”

He slowly moved around me our arms gently grazing each other as he reached for the bag, he dug a large sandwich out of the bag and our arms grazed each other again as he exited the room.

“My study is just around the corner if you need me.” He gestured.

I nodded and walked over and sat across from a bright smiling Leona. “So let me say I’m glad you are here I was worried you wouldn’t come. I can see already that you will be a great addition to our clan.”

She dug into the bag and handed me a large hero. “I know you have to be starving after what you went through you will notice you have an increased appetite but soon it will seem normal to you.” She added.

I nodded as I unfolded the white wax paper that wrapped around the sandwich and breathed in the smell of eggs, bacon and cheese.

My stomach growled and I didn’t notice how truly hunger I was until I had the mouth watering food in front of me.

“Well I like Julius and so far I like it here.” I admitted.

“That’s good there aren’t that many woman around here are age, and not all are friendly everyone always cut throat when there trying to find a mate.” Leona smiled.

“Well what about you, do you have a mate?” I questioned.

The moment I asked I remember Julius telling me about his friend Yuri and I hoped that she didn’t get mad about my prying.

“Well there is a guy, when my friend Kingston’s and I take you out we will have a girl’s night and fill you in!” She exclaimed.

“That sounds nice I was worried about meeting everyone.” I admitted.

“Not everyone will welcome you with open arms but not all demons feel that way so don’t worry.” She reassured me.

“We are like, I didn’t grow up here.” Leona admitted.

“What do you mean?” I questioned.

“Well our father had an affair with a human woman, I was a sick child and my mother abandoned me at a hospital.” She admitted.

“I’m so sorry that is horrible.” I said softly.

“Yeah it was, until the day Julius came and found me he took me away from that place and gave me a new life. I was on the verge of death and bringing me here is what helped me, Farah raised me as her daughter. I never was made to feel like I wasn’t a part of the family, it was hard at first but now I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else.” She admitted.

“I can’t believe that happened to you, it makes my story seem like nothing.” I admitted back.

“Rejection is still rejection no matter what form it comes in, we depend on our parents to protect us not leave us high and dry. What your parents did was wrong, but maybe it is what you were destined for.” She smiled slightly.