Chapter 6

—

Chapter 6

When Julius got back he was very tense, when he arrived at the guards station his father was there waiting and it didn't go well. He refuse to let him bail out Edison so that meant that Edison had to stay in there until Monday. The next day his father called him in for a meeting and he was gone for hours, I knew it couldn't be good.

Of course I was right his father demanded that Julius find another knight because he would not give him the title of king otherwise. It really ended our romantic weekend as Julius locked himself in his office to think, and now he finally had come out.

"What do you think I should do?" He asked.

I swallowed a lump in my throat, I would one day be king soon I would have to make these kind of decision along with him.

"I don't know Edison, but if he is jeopardizing you future then you know what you have to do." I answered after a few minutes.

Julius walked over to me and sat down beside me on the couch. "I know that your right but it doesn't make it easy, we grew up together. But I have given him plenty of chances to get his shit together and he hasn't done so."

"So when do you plan on telling him?" I questioned.

"I have to wait till after the gale, we can't have a huge thing like that come out, I mean it doesn't look good at all. Once rumors spread about Edison getting locked up again it will have everyone thinking I'm not ready for the throne." He answered clenching his fist in his lap.

I placed my hand on his and he then looped his fingers through mines. "I'm sorry that our weekend alone didn't go as planned, I just had to figure things out."

"Its okay I know this can't be easy for you." I replied.

"Yeah and now we have to prepare for the gala tomorrow night, my mother called and said your dress and my tux will be delivered first thing in the morning." He informed me.

"Oh okay sounds good." I said trying to hide how nervous I was.

"You are going to do great and everyone is going to love you." He smiled.

"I hope so I never in a million years thought I would be a princess, one day a queen and top of it all I'm a demon." I let out in one breath.

"I know its a lot to handle but the one thing I learned about you so far is you don't back down and your not a quitter. I know this isn't easy but I have faith in you and in us." He replied and leaned over and kissed me softly on the lips.

"Well I guess we should get to bed tomorrow is a big day." I said as I stood up and begin to pull him up with me.

"Yeah going to be sounds nice but the last thing I want to do is sleep." He smirked.

His smiled gave me intense butterflies and I couldn't help but blush, Julius was slowly sneaking his way into my heart.

"Yeah I think your plan is a better one." I laughed and we both walked to our bedroom.

The next morning had flew by so fast, early in the morning our clothes arrived and we were rushed into them to make sure they fit just right. Then I was given all my accessories that they wanted me to coordinate with the dress, and some heels of course. The top of the dress was an all black silk with no straps, around the stomach there was light black lace embroidered with black flowers.

It showed of just a little bit of my well toned stomach, the bottom half was chiffon with, a split that came of mid thigh it was sexy and elegant at the same time. I turned down help for my hair and make up I wanted to that for myself, so I knew I had to do a good job. Julius and I ate a late breakfast together after everyone had finally left and then he was summoned to the kingdom.