natural •five

🜁  🜄  🜃  🜂

𝔸𝕚𝕣 𝕎𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕙 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕖

The village gathered together. Gran Gran, Sokka and Ruyi stood in the front, waiting for Katara and Aang to return. In the distance, two figures approach and walk down the snow path. Ruyi let out a breath of relief when she saw it was Aang. The children ran forward to greet them.

"Yay! Aang's back!" The children cheered. The children gather around Aang as Sokka comes forward angrily.

"I knew it! You signaled the Fire Navy with that flare! You're leading them straight to us, aren't you?" Sokka accuses and points at Aang. Ruyi pushes Sokka's arm away from Aang direction and was towards him. She pulled Aang in for a hug, happy to see him unharmed.

"Aang didn't do anything. It was an accident." Katara says in defense. Ruyi pulls away but kept Aang close in case Sokka wanted to get physical.

"Yeh, we were on the ship and there was this booby trap and well..." Aang rubs the back of his head. "...we “boobied” right into it. Ruyi looks at Aang in sadness. He wasn't thinking again... Ruyi thought. She thought back to the night Aang ran way and Ruyi went after him.

"Katara, you shouldn't have gone on that ship. Now we could all be in danger!" Kanna says in disappointment and a shake of her head. Aang moves forward and away from Ruyi.

"Don't blame Katara! I brought her there. It's my fault." Aang looks at the ground. Sokka points at Aang again.

"Aha! The traitor confesses! Warriors, away from the enemy!" The children walk away from Aang and towards their guardians "The foreigner is banned from our village!" Sokka orders. Katara steps forward with a red face.

"Sokka, you're making a mistake." Katara says angrily.

"No! I'm keeping my promise to Dad. I'm protecting you from threats like him!" Sokka says, motioning to Aang.

Katara also motions to Aang. "Aang is not our enemy! Don't you see? Aang's brought us something we haven't had in a long time. Fun."

"Fun? We can't fight firebenders with fun!" Sokka yells at Katara.

"You should try it sometime." Aang smiling earnestly. Ruyi shakes her head and held back a laugh, but Sokka did not find it funny.

"Get out of our village. Now!" Sokka yells. Katara turns to her grandmother.

"Grandmother, please, don't let Sokka do this." Katara pleads. Kanna shakes her head.

"Katara, you knew going on that ship was forbidden. Sokka is right. I think it best if the airbenders leaves." Kanna says talking about other Ruyi and Aang.

"No!" "Then I'm banished too!" Sokka and Katara say at the same time. Katara turns, taking Aang by the shoulder, Ruyi by the arm, and begins to walk off.

"C'mon, Aang and Ruyi, let's go!" The three started to heading over to Appa. Sokka points at Katara.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks, unapproving of Katara's choice.

"To find a waterbender! Aang is taking me to the North Pole!" Katara says without turning around. She continues walking.

"I am? Great!"

"Katara! Would you really choose him over your tribe? Your own family?" Katara stopped. She didn't look back at her brother, she didn't go forward to Appa. She pauses with doubt and indecision on her face. Ruyi felt her shake and she took her hand gently. She felt Katara calm down and look up at her with sadness in her eyes. Aang comes up next to the water tribe girl.

"Katara, I don't want to come between you and your family." Aang says. He walks forward towards Appa.

"So, you're leaving the South Pole? This is goodbye?" Katara asks sadly.

"Thanks for penguin sledding with me." Aang says to her.

"Where will you go?"

Aang (putting a hand on Appa): "Guess we'll go back home and look for the airbenders." (Thinking) "Wow, I haven't cleaned my room in a hundred years. Not looking forward to that."

Ruyi looks at him in question. 100 years, what?

Aang airbends himself onto Appa's head where he takes the reins. Ruyi places a hand on  Katara's shoulders.

"We'll meet again one day. When things cool down, Aang and I will take you on a trip to the Northern Tribe." Ruyi promises. Katara hugs Ruyi and nods. Ruyi smiles and pulls away. Before she airbended herself onto Appa's saddle, she removes the coat she was wearing and hands it over. "Here, I won't be needing it back home."

Katara takes the coat and steps back. Ruyi airbended onto Appa and sat in her spot. Aang turns to address the village.

"It was nice meeting everyone." Aang calls out. Sokka crosses his arms.

"Let's see your bison fly now, air boy." Sokka mocks. Ruyi brushes Appa's head lovingly

"Come on, Appa, you can do it. Ruyi encourages. Aang pets Appa's head.

"Yip! Yip!" Aang says. Appa rumbles and gets onto his feet, but doesn't fly.

"Yeh, I thought so." Sokka says. Appa starts to walk, buy a little girl with pig tails rushes forward with a cry. She stands by Katara with tears in her eyes.

"Aang! Don't go! We'll miss you!" She cries out. Aang looks back at her.

"I'll miss you too." He turns to look at Katara, then turns away, and shakes the reins once more.

"Come on, boy." Aang tells Appa. Appa began to walk off. Ruyi turns to see the little girls runs off crying back to the village while Gran Gran comes up behind Katara.

In frozen wasteland outside the village. Ruyi ,Aang, and Appa rested in the curves of some ice formations. Appa lies on his back in the lower one, Aang in the smaller middle one, and Ruyi in the highest one. She regretted return the coat, because she was freezing her bones off. Appa suddenly rumbles.

"Yeh, I liked her too." Aang response, talking about Katara.

"Don't worry, we'll see her again soon." Ruyi assures. She saw Aang smiles sadly, hoping it was true. Ruyi turned her head slightly and saw an outline of a ship in the distance. She straightened out and sat up. Aang looks out to see the same thing. The ship steaming toward the village.

"The village!" Aang and Ruyi exclaim. They slow down the ice quickly.

"Appa, wait here!" Aang says. Appa rumbles in reply and shifts his position slightly. The airbenders airbend quickly, trying to reach the village before the ship does.