Chapter 20: He Loves Me Not

"Waka-chan," you whined after the tall ace, "where are you going?"

The two of you were often together when there wasn't practice, but in terms of emotions he seemed further away than before. Since the university game, he hadn't brought up the girl he loved so you assumed he either grew out of it or he knew your feelings and wanted to spare you the trouble. 

"I am going to put my stuff in the dorms." 

You huffed and hurried behind him, "Okay well let's get dinner after, I'm starving!"

He nodded before heading inside. The room was small and since Ushijima shared with Tendou, most of the decor was minimalistic. 

"Hm, I guess having a roommate isn't too bad. Sometimes I feel lonely by myself."

"Huh?" he seemed confused, "You don't have a roommate?"

"No, some of the girls transferred to different schools so a handful of third-years have a room to themselves."

"Would you like me to keep you company after dinner?" 

You shook your head, "Um, that's okay, you don't have to. I'm sure there are other things you should do. The prefectural games are next week!"

"I want to spend time with you though," he insisted.

"Are you sure? What would you want to do?"

"Let's watch a movie, Tendou-san told me it was great for setting the mood."

Seriously? Was Tendou capable of talking about anything other than that?

Facepalming dramatically, you let out a sigh, "Waka-chan, we can watch a movie, but we are not doing that after, okay?"

"Doing what after?"

"Um, you know," making hand movements wasn't really helping, "the thing that comes after you set the mood."

"What's that?"

You pinched the bridge of your nose, Ushijima was adorable but he could be really clueless sometimes.

"Sex Waka-chan, we are not having sex."

"Oh," his eyes widened as the realization hit, "I apologize, that was not my intention."

Okay, at least he didn't know what he was saying.

"It's fine, I'll definitely be sure to have a talk with Tendou-kun later."

Ushijima agreed silently and the two of you met up with the team in the dining hall for dinner. 

"(L/N)-chan! Sit by me!" Yamagata waved you over. He barely talked to you so something was definitely up.

"Um, sure," placing your tray on the table, you sat down, "did you need something?"

"Yeah, but don't tell Ushijima-san."

"Hm, okay, well he just went to get his food so whatever you're going to say, hurry it up."

His eyes darted around, scanning the table. Everyone else seemed to be on high alert too.

"Okay listen," Ohira added, "we are all convinced that Ushijima-san has a crush on you."

Tendou wiggled his eyebrows, "Don't deny your feelings for him either because we know you like him too."

You groaned, if they were going to set the two of you up it would take more than just this. Whatever this was.

"Great. We both like each other, assuming that you're correct about his feelings, now what?"