The walked inside the small diner that Jaxon insisted on going to so he didn't cause a stir due his title as King. Juliette had rolled her eyes at that, because as they walked into the diner, people looked, and some started gossiping.

They sat down, and Ace immediately picked up a menu, hiding his face from everyone.

"So Chase, how do you and Juliette know each other," Jaxon inquired, his tone low and cold. Juliette sighed and watched Jaxon. He stared at Ace, who had put the menu down. He matched Jaxon's dispassionate, collected gaze.

"I am her protector," Ace said simply. Juliette blanched, wondering why on earth he was being so straight up with the Alpha King. Jaxon frowned, and Juliette watched his finger trace the back of the knife on the table carefully.

"Funny, because so am I," Jaxon stated simply, picking the knife up within his fingers. He turned it over in his hands, watching it glint in the dim lighting. If Ace was effected by this, he didn't show it. His expression remianed impassive.

"Perhaps, but I think my job is slightly more broad," Ace objected, his eyebrow raising slightly. Jaxon chewed on his lower lip, contemplating this.

"Where the heck is waiter, I'm dying over here," Jazz wondered, looking around the diner. Jaxon tore his gaze from Ace's, and looked down at Juliette, his eyes sullen. Juliette gazed back at him, resting her hand on her arm. And here she was hoping this night might go well.

Once everyone had taken their orders, an awkward silence settled over the table like a thick blanket. Jazz tired to generate a conversation with Ace multiple times, but he was too busy staring Jaxon down.

Juliette watched the men, a look of boredom on her face. Ace shouldn't even try challenge Jaxon in anyway. He is the King for christs sake.

Juliette jumped as she suddenly felt Jaxon's hand on her thigh. She gazed down at his hand, wondering what possessed him to enact such a presumptuous act. She glanced back up at him.

He was staring straight at Ace, his eyes holding a dangerous, challenging gleam. Juliette swallowed as she felt Jaxon hitch her dress up slightly. Jazz seemed oblivious to the staring contest going on, as she leaned against Ace, scrolling through her phone.

Ace seemed to notice though, like he had some sort of X-Ray vision that allowed him to look through tables and fabric. His expression held malice, his eyes burning with hostility.

"Where's our food?" Juliette queried openly, catching Jazz's attention, who nodded in agreement.

"I will check," Ace muttered, sliding his chair back so he could stand. Jazz was up in a second, fixing her dress.

"Me too," Jazz breathed, giving Juliette a wink. Juliette relaxed slightly, hoping Jazz's antics would get the two occupied for awhile. When they left, Juliette expected Jaxon to remove his hand, but he didn't.

"We should go," Juliette offered, placing her hand over Jaxon's. He stared down at her, unblinking. She wanted to distract him, hopefully get him through the evening without snapping Ace's neck.'

"What does he mean by protector?" Jaxon mulled, tilting his head to the side. Juliette sighed, rubbing her hand down her face. This Alpha is simply impossible.

"I wouldn't know...Can we please go Jaxon?"

"We haven't eaten yet?"

"We can eat back at the arena?"

"Eat what?"

"What do you think?"

"I can think of a few things..."

"Yes, well I hope that only envolves food."

Juliette stood, collecting her jacket from her chair. Jaxon watched her quizzically.

"Coming, because I think Chase and Jazz may need some alone time," Juliette stated, shrugging her jacket on. She glanced around, catching a few glances from the public.

Jaxon stood, towering over her. He had a boyish, cheely grin on his face, showing her was probably eager to go, and she knew why.

"You're staying back in my room tonight. I didn't like sleeping alone last night." Jaxon whispered boastfully in her ear, his arms winding around her waist. Juliette smothered her smile, as she looked around the diner, everyone giving them curious glances.

Her back remained to his broad chest, as he nestled his face in her neck.

"Is that right," she murmured, her voice like soft honey. She could feel Jaxon's smile against her neck. She didn't like how he was happy to display affection in front of all these people.

"You are just asking for people to take photo's and make false stories to match," Juliette cautioned, turning her head slightly. Jaxon chuckled, and she felt him shrug.

"You're right, let's go back to home," Jaxon said gently in her ear. Juliette nodded finally.

Suddenly her phone rang loudly through the diner, making her jump. She pulled away from Jaxon, causing everyone to resume their dinners.

"Yes, what?" Juliette snapped into the phone, annoyed that someone was calling her at this time.

"Juliette, it's Sophie," a smooth voice said into the phone, making Juliette freeze. What the heck did she want now.

"We have found and managed to imprison the suspect we believed killed the Skinwalker," Sophie announced. Juliette froze. She had been thinking about...no way could Blaise have killed someone.

"Who?"

"Blaise McVeigh."

Juliette swallowed and glanced at Jaxon, who was gazing at her in confusion, obviously wondering who she was talking to.

"I don't think he's the killer, there is this girl-"

Sophie hung up. Juliette glared at her phone and stabbed the lock button.

It was Bella, it had to be. The crazy girl had tried to kill her own friend, and Juliette. The fact that Juliette discovered she was a Skinwalker sealed the fact.

"Blaise is in trouble,"Juliette said, turning to face Jaxon. He gazed at her quietly for a moment.

"Cockblocker," he muttered, grabbing his jacket before walking out the diner. Juliette rolled her eyes and followed.

*

So yep.

Oh, anyone want to be Blaise's girlfriend in the story?

So check out Jaxon!

Instagram: divine_endearment

Snapchat: midikacrane

Vote and comment!!!! Love you xx

-Midika