"Vince and I are friends. Platonic friends that will always remain that. When he noticed that I wasn't moved by his fathers position and didn't quake in his presence like he expected I should I guess he must have developed some respect for me." I say honestly not knowing if there was a specific way to answer.

  "Are you quaking in my presence?" He asks with a smile.

  "Not exactly. As much as I'm not scared with you as a person I'm kinda wary. I dont want to offend your office or your personality. You command your respect and its normal that my sense tells me that there should be a line differentiating our social status." I inform him.

  "I see you are trying to make good use of your words and at such you are coming across as respectful. So tell me honestly what you think of politicians in general. Your sincere opinion wouldn't get me angry." He informs me.

  "There are politicians and there are African politicians. On a sincere note I have no lost love for politicians. I don't like their office. In a process to appear powerful and show off the privilege that comes with the office, I feel African politicians have totally disconnected themselves from the masses. They no longer come across as public servants, they are now considered rulers and demi gods. But it natural they feel that way because anyone who gets exposed to so much authority and power like to feel like they are a god." I say.

  "He said you were fearless and I can clearly see it." He says laughing.

  "I try to deliver." I say smiling lightly.

  We talk for a while about my projects and my initiative to give back to the people. He wants to be a part of my operation provide clean drinking water and although I decline I tell him ways he could start his own for his state and a few things he could do to gain the favour of his people for the next election.

  As much as my suggestions would secure him a second term they would also make sure the masses get to enjoy a little bit of the dividend of democracy they deserved.

  Relating with him was an eye opener because it made me realise that despite the office they hold they were still human beings. As humans they were bound to make mistakes and exhibit simple human tendencies. He had at his disposal advisers who needed to do a more thorough job and I pointed it out to him. We had to finally end our discussion when the party was in full swing.

  "So how was it?" Asks Vince looking at me expectantly.

  "It was normal. Felt like I was pitching my ideas for a job. He was chill to talk to and did not get offended by my views." I reply.

  "So has your views on politicians changed yet?" He asks me smiling.

  "Definitely not. As much as he was great he is imperfect and as a politician he has made his fair share of mistakes, wrong calls and most times decisions that would be most beneficial to him and his party. But I get that he is human." I reply.

  "Okay if you say so! How have you been? You look great by the way. Didn't think you had a black party dress in your colourful wardrope?" He says with a smirk.

  "I've been good just busy. I have black dresses for when I need them." I say elbowing him playfully on the ribs and causing him to yelp. "So what have you been up to?" I ask him.

  "Busy just like you. Its not easy merging personal responsibilities with family duties. I have to pray that I'm not required to represent my father when I'm in the middle of sealing a business deal." He says sounding wary.

  "Trust me I don't want to even know how tedious that can be. But you need to draw the line and make him understand that you have a life aside from his." I advice.

  "And have him remind me that his name and office are what's getting me personal successes. I'll pass on that lecture." He says making me laugh.

  "Until you stand up for yourself you will have to put up with his control. Its like you are forgetting you should be building your own family not helping your father build his." I tell him seriously.

  "You think I don't know that? Its not easy finding a wife who would want to think for herself, especially when you don't want us together." He replies.

  "Pulease don't even drag me into that. You have a girlfriend that you've been with for years don't you think it would be heartless not to wife her?" I ask him.

  "She would be my wife when she takes shit seriously. Marriage is not dating, I'm not just after a fine face with per degree. I want brain, love and affections. I also need a helper. Which is what I would get if you agree for us to get married." He says to me seriously.

  "If we get married it wouldn't be a relationship it would be a partnership. I'm too independent for you to control. We're like oil and water we won't ever mix well.

  " I know a bullshit excuse when I hear one. Just tell me you don't like me that way. Also remember you need to settle down too." He says laughing.