Chapter 4

She parted ways from Zabini and his friends, it felt awkward, she joined a huddle of terrified looking first years, everyone turned to look at her, a few whispers floated her way.

"Why is she here?"

"Is she lost?"

"I didn't know you could start out late!"

Y/n felt her cheeks rise color, but she chose to ignore it all, in her mind new worries were forming. What house was she going to get? If she didn't get Slytherin she'd be parted from Blaise and loneliness flashed her thoughts, she was not the best at making friends..., no, she was going to get Slytherin, she was ambitious and she knew it. Did she know it?

A thunderous voice silenced the children and snapped her out of her cloud of thoughts. A tall and imponent witch stood before them, a professor no doubt.
"Welcome to Hogwarts, in a few moments time you will be walking through those doors" -she pointed an entrance to what seemed an enormous hall- " and you will be sorted into your houses in front of the whole school. There is Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor and Slytherin". A small pause. "Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points, while your wrong doing will lose them." She stopped, took a look at the Hall, and resumed. "Please wait for a moment, I will come back to collect you when they are ready for you".

The suspense was nerve wracking, she wanted to get sorted quick, without fuss, why in front of the whole school? Once more she was snapped back to reality, "we are ready for you now. Follow me" said the professor. They all followed, her body was shaking slightly, was it getting colder?

"When I call your name, please step forward and sit, I will place the hat on your head and it will decide what house you will go on."

All the students were looking fixedly, full of curiosity for both the first years, and the strange fact that there was an older witch also waiting to be sorted. She felt many eyes over her, making her nervous. Y/n spotted Blaise on the Slytherin table, gave him a small smile and went back to looking up front.

Some students had gone already, a Gryffindor, two Hufflepuffs, two Ravenclaws and one slytherin. "Creevey, Dennis!" Was called up front, the hat was immense on him, it seemed as though it also went down his shoulders. Some seconds later he was sorted to Gryffindor, where he seemed to join his brother, and, was it? Is it really him? Her eyes traveled to his scar, then directly into his intense green eyes, "Holy crap that IS Harry Potter!" She breathed. She looked back to the front, perhaps Gryffindor wouldn't be too bad?...

"Lyron, Y/n!" "Oh damn, that's me".  She walked forward, took a seat, and her vision was partially blocked by the hat. A suddenly voice spoke to her, as if inside her head. "Aaah yes, you are descendants of the house of Lyron, very clever, a witty and quick mind. Yes, but there is also thirst to prove yourself, a lot of ambition". Y/n frowned, she tried very hard to clear her mind, the hats words were confusing, why wasn't it just screaming a house like the rest? "Hmmm, you are quite difficult, but I see... you have a desire, I shall take that into account". "Have I?" She replied.
All of a sudden, the hat spoke again, but this time he was not talking in her head, but loudly to everyone, "better be... SLYTHERIN!"

Relief flooded Y/n, thank god, she was in Slytherin! She smiled and gave the hat to the professor, then she made her way to Blaise and his friends, who opened up space for her. She was facing the other housetables, once again her gaze was over the celebrity of the school, he looks so different from what she imagined. She kept scanning the tables, just taking in appearances, it was so odd how pale many here were, the warmth of the Amazonian kept them all quite tan back home.
The headmaster stood when the last girl was sorted into Ravenclaw, causing complete silence as he spoke. Her attention slowly drifting away from him and again to taking in the people and the place around. She kept on it until she felt a gaze upon her, she didn't turn immediately, and from the corner of her eye, she saw Draco Malfoy looking at her. She wondered what she had, perhaps something on her face, she slowly turned back and passed her sleeve over her face as though scratching. Then a quick look at Draco, and back at the headmaster, yet she wasn't really listening in, and rather enjoying the curiosity in the eyes that fixedly stared her way. You know, there are some very handsome faces to enjoy around this castle...