My hand instinctively rubbed her back. Peyton still continued on looking at Mandy with a stunned expression.

She must have never seen an obnoxious middle aged woman before.

"Yeah, honey. Anything you like and I can have it ready for you in a minute," Mandy stared at me, "for you, maybe a few hours."

She really wanted to test my last nerve.

I ignored her instead, "Pey..." I put myself in between her gaze and she snapped back from whatever daydream she was in.

God, all I could think about is kissing her again once I saw those pink lips looking oh-so delicious and edible, bright pink and soft.

"Ah...sorry, I-I like your dress." She said to Mandy.

I mentally cringed.

That dress looked like it was dipped in mustard, no way am I going to let my mate wear something like that.

Though, if she liked it, I wasn't going to verbally tell her.

"We can go get you a better dress later," Mandy and Martha both looked at me like I was a donkey's ass, but I probably was, couldn't blame them, "now what do you want to eat. We can't have a great day if you're running on an empty stomach."

"Anything is fine." Pey smiled sweetly at Mandy.

"Alright then, this should be fine!" Mandy said placing her freshly baked mini quiches.

"That smells divine!" Peyton said closing her eyes and inhaling the scent the same way I secretly do sniffing her hair while she's sleeping.

I was about to pull her to me so that she could sit on my lap, but Peyton didn't welcome my idea.

To my disappointment, she sat across from me and the two twerps took the empty seats around her.

"Stop mopping boy, it's unattractive." Mandy whispered behind me as she set a plate of food in front of me.

I groaned, "When are you three leaving already?"

Mandy chuckled, "Don't worry we will leave as soon as you finish this meal. We won't intrude on your vacation."

"Mommy, I want to get to know Pey more" Debbie whined.

NO.

"Sorry squirt, I'm only allowed to play with her."

"OW!" Peyton kicked me hard under the table, making the utensils rattle.

Martha didn't even suppress her laughter.

Mandy whacked her daughter with a dish towel. "Manners!" Mandy scolded her daughter. But she was the one who publicly just swatted her daughter with a dirty kitchen towel.

"Um, Mandy." Peyton said awkwardly, which confused me.

"Yeah"

"Why don't you live with the pack in...I guess, the main land?"

I chuckled when she said it. I didn't respond, leaving myself out of the conversation so that I could listen to them amusingly.

Mandy pulled out a chair and sat down. "My husband likes it here and the world outside this island might be a bit different since the last time I was there."

Concern filled Peyton's face. "How about your kids, your family are the only people in this island right? Besides me and Soren or the Alphas they haven't had any interaction with the real world-I don't mean to pry, but have you thought about that? They might...not meet their mates?"