Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

Start from the beginning

He quickly scrambled up to his feet, "Okay, sure. Let's go." You set Iggy on the ground and Polnareff led you to an empty section of the hospital, "So, what is it?"

"Well, I relayed your idea to my newly formed entertainment branch" You paused for dramatic effect, "and we're going to start the construction of Polnareff Land right away!"

Polnareff's eyes widened, "R-Really?! And you're not messing with me or anything? They really want to... Thank you, (Y/N)! I love you so much!" He hugged you and spun you around in a circle before setting you back down on your feet. "Oh, I know!" He grabbed one of your hands with both of his, "You should move to France with me! I'll make you the happiest woman for as long as I can, I-I'll even be nicer to Iggy for you!"

"Jean, I-I can't. But we can still hang out sometime." You rummaged through your pockets and pulled out a card which you placed in the palm of his hand, "This has my contact info as well as that of the entertainment department. Let's stay in touch."

"So this is where you went." Grumbled Jotaro who was once again leaning on the door frame. Iggy was at his feet and seemed to be the one that led him there. "Why are you two in the Janitor's closet?"

You took a glance at your surroundings. Mop, broom, other cleaning supplies. Yup, definitely the Janitor's closet. "Oh, hey JoJo. Jean and I were just talking."

He narrowed his eyes, not believing you, "Right..." He pointed behind him with his thumb, "Well, the old man and Kakyoin are waiting in the lobby to head out for some dinner. You coming, or...?"

You nodded, "Yeah." You gave Polnareff a light tug, "Let's go Jean, wouldn't want to be late for our last meal before our flights in the morning."

The next morning was saddening, to say the least. All of you stood in the busy airport with your luggage lumped around your feet with Iggy laying on the ground next to it.

"Are you really going back to France, Polnareff?" Asked Joseph. "You don't have any more family there, do you? Why don't you come to New York with me?"

Polnareff smiled as he slung his bag over his shoulder, "Mr. Joestar, even though my family is gone, France is my homeland. I have many memories in my hometown. No matter where I go, I'll always return there. But if any of you need me, give a call. Wherever in the world you are, I'll come running."

You gave a faint smile in return as you clutched the broken heart pendant of your necklace, "It's going to be much more lonely without you, Jean."

Polnareff fiddled with the strap of his bag, "There were many hardships, but it was fun. That journey was fun because all of you were there."

"Yeah." Mumbled Jotaro.

"Yes, It was fun. I believe that from the bottom of my heart." Spoke Joseph.

"We should all get together again sometime." Suggested Kakyoin, "You know, now that our lives aren't constantly in danger."

"Passengers on France International Airline flight 92, bound for Paris, please head to Gate 18." Announced the various speakers in the airport. Polnareff pulled all of you into a group hug.

The French man looked at Joseph, "Well, see ya, you shit-faced geezer! I hope you live forever." Next he went to Jotaro, "And you, his stingy grandson! Don't you dare forget me!" He moved on to the next person, "Kakyoin." The two of them pulled away for a moment to enact their handshake. No more words were needed between them after that. Polnareff crouched down in front of Iggy, "I guess I'll even miss you, too." He stood back up and he couldn't seem to lock eyes with you anymore, "And... stay happy (Y/N)."

"We will get together again!" Proclaimed Joseph before pointing at Polnareff, "As long as you don't hate me by then, that is."

Jotaro smiled, "I couldn't forget a guy like you if I tried."

"Stay safe, Polnareff." Spoke Kakyoin. Iggy hesitantly dropped a piece of gum at the French man's feet.

"And I'll try, Jean. I guess I'll see you around." You him a small wave.

"So long." Polnareff then turned around and walked off, the rest of you doing the same.

Once on the plane, you peered over Jotaro's shoulder as he was sitting in front of you, looking at the picture taken right after Iggy joined the team. You smiled to yourself and leaned back into your chair while Kakyoin flashed you a smile and Iggy slept on your lap. Joseph had started listening to some music with his Walkman.

Against all odds, the plane managed a safe landing despite Joseph Joestar being onboard. First you had all gone to check on Holly. She was back in full health and her spirits were high. Less appealing was telling Susie Q, who was there to visit her daughter, why Caesar wasn't with you. After that you all parted ways once more.

Kakyoin went back home to his parents and continued on with his life. Joseph went back to the United States with his wife. Jotaro started to be a bit nicer to his mom.

You went back to Morioh. You got out of your car, opening the door so Iggy could hop out as well. He followed you down the walkway to your front door. You dug through your pockets to find your keys and you inserted them into the door to unlock it.

But it was already unlocked.