Part 2, Chapter 1

Tyler is tall and tanned. His jet black flippy hair falls right above his perfect baby blue eyes. I have yet to see him smile and may never see it. I'm not the most entertaining person on the planet. His lips are...kissable, which means I should stay a safe distance away. He'll probably be Jennifer's man candy by the end of the week. In my case, I'm happy to just be able to have said a few words to him before he's off to the sacred land.

The day passes quickly; I don't see him again. I head to my locker to get my things. Soon I will be home free. I nearly jump out of my skin as I hear my name being calls from a few inches behind me. It could only be one person because nobody talks to me in such a gentle tone.

"Hey, when I said I would talk to you later I didn't mean now."

"But it's later," Tyler says smiling. Perfect.

I pull my hood up over my hair and start walking away. He follows me and halfway down the hall I stop to turn and face him. "Stop following me!" I hiss quietly.

"Stop running," he said seriously.

"I don't think you get it," I look around the hall to see that there are only a few people remaining in the hall. The next thing I know is that I'm being pulled through the front door of the school.

"You and I can't be friends!"

"Why not exactly?" Tyler says sounding a little hurt.

"I'm a loser! I have no friends! My family hates me and I don't even know why I'm telling you all this," I yell and stalk angrily away. He doesn't stop me.