chapter: 3 the rude awekening

Nurses ask me how im feeling and i try so hard but i cant talk all i could do was sit there. I finally have thecourage to talk...

"What happened to me?" Thats when Taylor and Jetta walk in. "You got hit by a semi truck that slid and well....." Taylor says right before she begins to cry. "Your leg is crushed, your arm is broken and well.. the nurses said you might not be able to walk again. And u have to quit cheerleading, track, and well you can't be in the play...."

Oh my God. My life is completly ruined. I lost everything to a stupid car accident.....

My friends can't even look at me straight in the face anymore.......

After the accident my life was completely changed. My mom made up excuses to get out of the house so she didn't have to see me. Since I couldn't play sports anymore my friends pretended I wasn't there. My older sister brean came home from college she didn't even recognize me. It all changed my teachers were treating me different. I was still straight honor roll student, but it all changed.......

    Till one day I met a shy quiet boy named karson. He had short lightbrown hair the glimmered in the light. He had large glasses that took up a third of his face. His eyes, his eyes were blue like the sky on a nice Oregon morning in the summer. Karson came up to me with a smile on his face. "hi I'm karson u must be  Jennifer Jacobs I'm so sorry for you......"

"Okay your the first to talk to me.  Are you looking for something?"

"Just a beautiful girl to talk to and I found one."

Well isn't he sweet. He is really sweet.... and.....  kinda cute.....

"Hehehehehe.... ummm wanna hang out sometime karson you know as friends?" He shakes his head. "sorry can't, but i will let you know if i change my mind." I notice a look of sympathy on hisface as he looks at my leg cast and arm brace. I tried to cover the bruises on my face with concealer and blush this morning, but i dont think i did so well. he pulls out a peice of paper and writes a number on it. "In case you ever want to talk." I hand him my number and said the same. I grabbed my backpack out of my locker and nodded my head to him and he smiled and walked away. I close my locker and bend to grab my crutches, a single tear rolls down my face, i do my best to wipe it away without smearing any of my makeup.