↳ 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨

Start from the beginning

i tossed and turned the entire night, not being able to drift to sleep. as my eyes finally began to shut, i see a light flash on my ceiling. i turn toward my bedside desk and see my phone ringing. i rub my eyes and pick it up to see the caller id...

nick 💝 is calling ....

"(y/n) it's me, nick." his voice spoke into my ear. "nick why are you calling me? it's late." i turned back to my clock to see the time. 3:42 AM. i didn't think i had stayed awake that long. "i miss you (y/n)" my heart stopped. i couldn't believe it, but i knew it wasn't true. "nick you can't miss me. where's heather?" it hurt to say it, but i knew i couldn't let him do something or say something he would regret. "heather? heather is- i don't know where she is." i could hear his voice crack as he talked. he was in pain and it's all her fault. who would ever want to hurt him. "nick i-" he cuts me off. "shh (y/n) just come over." my heart said yes, but my brain knew better. "no. nick you know i can't. have you slept?" based on his state right now, i already knew the answer before he said it. "i'm too busy" just as i had expected. "nick you need to sleep. you always get like this when you're too tired." "please come." it pained me to hear him like this. my eyes began to water, but i had to stay persistent for his own good. "go to sleep nick. we can talk later"

cause i don't have another one for you to stab, and i don't wanna have another heart attack

-BZZ BZZ BZZ-

i stared at my phone for a bit after he had hung up. i went to my voicemails and played the one nick had sent about three months ago. three months ago we were ok. three months ago is when it happened. i turned the volume all the way up and out my phone under my pillow. i lied down, listening as the puddles in my eyes finally broke free.

"hey (y/n), it's nick. i'm here at the fountain and couldn't help but think of you. i know you're not feeling too well right now but i'm here for you always. i love you (y/n)"

i can't be your lover on a leash, every other week when you please

─── two weeks later ───

i'm awoken from my nap to an urgent knock at my door. i get up from my couch still groggy. i open the door while rub my eyes and there stands the last person i expected to see.

"nick?" my heart skips a beat. my heart wants to believe he's here for me. here to apologize and make it all better. here to say he's loved me all along. "hi (y/n)" he says with a smile. a smile that never fails to make me melt. "nick? what are you doing here? have you- " he chuckles before i can even finish. he already knows. i study him as he runs his fingers through his light hair. "yes. i've slept, ate, showered, everything. can i come in?". i step back, allowing space for him to walk in. "uh yeah come in please"

"thanks. anyways (y/n) how are you". how am i? after all he's done to me he has to audacity to ask how i'm doing. he'll never change. "nick, no offense, but i thought heather didn't want you here". his face drops a bit. and so does my heart. i realize he's not here for me. "she's out of town and i really need someone to talk to"

"...oh"

i cant be the kiss that you don't need, the lie between your teeth

"so i took heather to the park and we watched the sunset and she leaned in and kissed me right there in front of the water fountain" my heart drops. i try not to have any visible reaction, but i find it quite hard as my heart just got stomped on. "in front of the fountain?" i internally pray i misheard. my mind is a little off it's game because of my sleepless nights. please just let it be that. "yeah, it was probably the best kiss of my life". he's definitely not here for me. oh how i wish i could just disappear right now. i wish the earth would just open up and swallow me whole. anything to get away from hearing this any longer. "uh that's so great to hear. i'm glad you're happy nick" secretly, i wish i never heard it. i'd pay all the money in the universe to have that thought erased from my brain."me too. also please don't tell her i was here. she would kill me. you understand right?"