A portion of the ceiling and wall was made of magically strengthened glass, showing off part of the Black lake. On either side of the staircase were two snake statues that reached the ceiling. Coming out of the mouths of the snakes was a sea foam green water, cascading into a pool below them. Hanging from the ceiling was a banner for Slytherin. The room shone a cool blue-green, the light coming from the fireplaces and strangely, clusters of gemstones of different shades of green. On two different sides of the room were two corridors. Located on the walls were bookshelves and small tables with chairs.

"Alright First years, gather around." The girl said. All ten of the first years formed a half circle around the girl. "I am Gemma Farley, your 5th year prefect. There are a total of six of us. Three guys, three girls. Each of us from 5th year to 7th. They have their own duties to attend to, so they will introduce themselves to you later. You can identify us by the badge we ware on the opposite side of our school crest." Gemma said pointing to the badge. "For the first three years of school here you will have a roommate. After that you get your own room. Your names are on the outside of the door. Now that we covered that, I will turn it over to our head of house, Professor Snape." Gemma said raising her hand.

The wall opened up and out walked a tall man with slicked back hair dressed in a long black silk dress robe. He looked a bit like a bat dressed that way. "Thank you Ms. Farley." Snape said slowly. The wall closed behind him. "I am your head of house, Professor Severus Snape. You will refer to me as Professor, or Sir. I instruct the potions class here in the dungeons. Now, I regret to inform you of this, but here at Hogwarts you will be seen as dark wizards, solely because you are in Slytherin. This means that all the other houses will at best give you a wide berth. But we are better than them. At least, on the outside. If you have a problem, keep it here, in the common room. Outside you are a collective force." Snape explained. "All I have left to say is that as Slytherin's I expect you not to rise to any insult, and you will keep your grades ups. If you can't do either of those at least be good enough to change it." Snape said.

"Girls dorms are to the right, boys to the left. I trust you will not force me to turn on the security wards. Alright, be on time for your classes on Monday." Snape said dismissing the first years. "Oh yes. Mr. Thornwood, may I have a word with you." Snape stated more than requested. Harry nodded before moving to the top of the staircase. "Mr. Thornwood, the Headmaster requested that I inform you that your meeting will be held tomorrow as it is Saturday. It will be held at half past one. I will be around to collect you, so make sure you are in the dormitory. Do you have any questions?" Snape asked.

"I don't have a question, but I did need to speak to you regarding a situation of mine." Harry said, rummaging through his pockets. Eventually he found Sidir's letter in his back pocket. "Ah, here we are." He said handing the letter to Snape.

"And this is?" Snape asked.

"That is from my Master. He told me it would allow me to gather materials." Harry said. Snape raised an eyebrow.

"You are an apprentice?" He asked. Harry turned so that the crest on his shoulder. Snape took a close look at it before nodding. "Very well Mr. Thornwood, when I come to collect you tomorrow I inform you of whether or not these papers meet the requirements for your apprenticeship." Snape said before leaving the common room.

"Alright, now that the professor is gone, I'm going to come out and say that I should lead the ten of us." Draco said as Harry descended the stairs. Daphne, Tracey, and Blaise looked uncomfortable with this, while the other five nodded in agreement. "So it is decided then." Draco said.

"Go ahead Mr. Malfoy, but I will not be following you." Harry said as he entered the boys corridor, searching for his name. Draco was yelling something before he ran after Harry.