Chapter 8: Fairgrounds

Start from the beginning

Warren: Hi mom.

She grabs him by the cheek and pulls.

?: What did you do?

Warren: Owowow! Nothing I swear!!

?: Then why is someone walking you home?!

C: Excuse me ma'am. I'm C and I was just helping him with these bags after I accidentally ran into him.. literally.

?: I know who you are, everyone in ELM knows you. Call me Susan. I'm assuming this little one introduced himself.

She tugs on his cheek little more.

C: Yes. He's a good kid, you did a fine job raising him.

Susan let's go off Warren's cheek.

Susan: Well thank you. Will you be staying for dinner.

C: Unfortunately not, but thank you for the offer.

She takes the bags from C and he waves before walking back towards the city.

C: Nice people.

Flashback over

C blinks a couple times before rubbing his eyelids.

C: Why do I keep getting those?

C yawns and stretches a little before getting up and walking out of the locker room with Ryuko at his side.

Ryuko: You alright?

C: Yeah I just keep getting memories.

Ryuko: What?

Shiketsu: Flashbacks. He's having flashbacks.

Ryuko: Oh okay. The way you said it sounded stupid.

C fakes a hurt expression and looks down with dramatic dejection. Ryuko rolls her eyes and smiles. She grabs him by the arm and drags him.

Ryuko: Come on, I want to see the fairgrounds.

C: Geez it's weird seeing you so excited for something.

Senketsu: Yes you actually have some feminine charm.

Ryuko shrieks and grabs onto C's arm. They both look over and see Senketsu in his human form right behind them.

Ryuko: Don't sneak up on people, Senketsu! And what do you mean?! I've always had feminine charm!

Senketsu merely chuckles and walks past them.

Senketsu: Well I'm curious about these "fairgrounds" you keep mentioning.

As he walks away Ryuko pouts.

Ryuko: I have feminine charm right? I'm not completely a tomboy am I?

C smiles and kisses the top of her head.

C: Of course you have feminine charm, and there is nothing wrong with you being who you are. You're a girl who loves clothes, but also loves to swear and kick ass. You're pretty firmly in between both categories. Senketsu is just messing with you because it's a sibling thing.

Ryuko: You think he sees me that way.

C: Well you both have the same dad, technically. So...yeah.

Ryuko smiles and kisses C's jaw.

Ryuko: Thanks babe.

With that they head out to the fairgrounds and take a look around. Once there they walk around and see Ruby has a booth set up. She is sitting there with Arsenic and Yang. She sees C and waves him over. C and Ryuko both walk up to the booth.