CHAPTER 7- AWAY

He had my hand in his and he was tracing the lines on my hands with his index finger.

"Do you like that?" James asked.

"It feels nice." I giggled.

I started to play with my lunch tray nervously.

"Do you know what we should do?" He had a sly smile on his face.

"What is it James?"

"We should get out of here."

"You're insane."

"And proud of it." He winked.

"And how do you suggest we leave?"

"Sophie, do you trust me?"

That word trust rang in my ears again.

"I don't know. Should I?"

"Why don't you come and find out?"

He extended his hand and I grabbed it.

He lead me through the school halls and around the swarms of people. He was heading to the parking lot.

He took some keys out of his pocket.

He unlocked the door and opened it for me.

"This way my lady."

I sat in the passenger seat and put on my seatbelt.

"Where are we going James?"

He turned on the ignition.

"Trust me."

He pulled out of the parking lot and made his way to the road.  He turned a few times. The more he turned, the more I wondered if I should've come. He drove into a forest thatwas pretty crowded with trees. I was surprised he could even drive in there.

The car stopped.

"Here we are."

I looked around. There was a trail that led to a playground. If you kept on walking, it led to a wall that had the ocean on the other side.

"This place looks familiar."

"Well it should. Haven't you ever wondered what was on that cliff at the beach?"

That's where we were. We were at Oakwood peak. Nobody ever dared to come here. It just remained a mystery. Everyone would just look at it and wonder what was there. People would think that maybe a serial killer lives there or that's where aliens abduct people.... ridiculous crap like that.

"Hmmm." I smirked.

"What are you thinking Sophie?"

"I wonder how high this cliff is?"

"Are you planning to jump?"

I stood at the edge and looked down. I felt the Earth starting to spin. 

I kicked my sneakers to the side, took my shirt off and slipped off my pants.

"Sophie wait! I'll come with you."

"This is the kind of stuff you gotta do on your own James. It's time to be brave!"

I took a few steps back ready to launch.

1.

"Sophie hold up!" He took his shirt off.

2.

"I'm coming!" He tripped while he slid off his pants.

3.

I took a deep breath and jumped.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!" I felt like I was screaming my life out.