CHAPTER 5- THE PARTY ON SALAMANDER STREET

I had my head down on the desk. I was drowning out the sound from the teacher talking, and then, the bell rings. A flush of sound from the student's mouths rolled in. It was like bees swarming out of their hive. But then, i felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Sophie, wakey wakey."

I turned my head up to see that it was Jade. I squinted my eyes. The lights were piercing through my cornia.

"Did I interrupt your beauty sleep?"

"No, but you interrupted a dream I was having, and you were in it too."

"Really? Tell me about it."

"You died."

"Oh."

I giggled.

"I'm just messing with you Jade."

"Anyways, did you hear about the party on Salamander Street?"

"There's a street named after a lizard?"

"Sophie!"

"Sorry. Continue."

"The party is tonight. If you want I could pick you up with Simon."

"It's a school night. I doubt Charlie would budge."

"Oh my dear friend, you have so much to learn... have you heard of the art of sneaking out?"

"Believe me, I have masterpieces in that kind of art."

"So you'll do it?"

"What time are you picking me up at?"

"11:30"

"I think I could manage."

"This is gonna be so awesome! I'll see you tonight." She ran off and disappeared into the crowd.

I got home and walked into the house. Charlie was still working on God knows what. It's been five days and I have no clue what on Earth he's doing.

I stood by the backdoor and he stopped hammering.

"How was school?"

"Oh you know, school is school."

He stayed silent.

"I take it you're not going to let me know whag you're making?"

"I never knew you were this smart. Good job Sophie."

"Gee, neither did I."

I went upstairs and I took a long warm shower. I stepped out of the bathtub, and the fog was floating everywhere. I dried up, and stuck my hair in a towel.

When I got to my room, I blow dried my hair, and I whiped on some eyeliner and mascara. I put on my black skinnies and a burgundy sweater. I tied up my combat boots and I was ready to go.

There was a knock on the door.

"Sophie, are you asleep?"

"I'm just about to knock out Charlie."

"Goodnight then."

I lied on my bed and waited for Jade's call. I stared at the dark ceiling, counting the bumps on the ceiling. At last, my phone rang and I picked up.

"Hello?" I whispered

"Get down here."

The call clicked.

I opened the window to my room and placed my foot on the counters at the window. I jumped on the tree next to the window like a crazy tree lady, and I climbed down.