Chapter 6

Damian

Marinette didn't come to school today. I was kinda worried. So after school, Jon and I decided to go over and check on her- I mean bring her, her homework. Kara was just walking out the door but she smiled and let us in. And as we got closer to the stairs, we heard talking. Then yelling.
"GET OFF ME!"
One look at Jon, confirmed what I thought. Marinette was in trouble. We took off and saw some guy on her. She was yelling at him, but he was shoving her facing into the floor. Jon yanked him off her and she bolted. I chased her for three blocks, before I lost sight of her. I thought about searching for her, but then I remembered the guy and raced back to Karas place.
"Who are you?" I asked when I got there.
"Adrien. Adrien Agreste." He said with a cocky smile.
"How do you know Marinette?" Jon asked.
"She's a former classmate." He shrugged.
I smiled before waving my hand and Gordon came in. He walked over and cuffed Agreste.
"Your under arrest for the assault of Marinette." Gordon said as he read Adrien his rights.
I looked at Jon and nodded before pulling my phone out.

DemonSpawn: Marinette's missing. She was attacked and took off. Find her.
Coffeecoffeecoffee: The cameras last saw her on 5th and westward.
Airbird: Jason and I are heading out now to get a better look. Have you and Jon search ok foot.

Marinette

I stayed hidden in my alley till night fell. They would be out, probably looking for me. So, I took all the back ways. I kept my head down and tried to stay away from streets. But, life had different plans.
"You ok, sweetheart?"
I jumped and looked at the voice of a woman in all black.
"I'm fine." I grumbled, and rubbed my slightly bruised jaw.
"Where you headed?" She asked and walked beside me. UGH! Go away!
"Anywhere." I muttered.
"Alright, you can come with me. My girls will love you. Harley will be like those helicopter parents, and Ivy will make sure you don't suffocate."
And just like that it started to rain. I threw my hood back and let the rain fall onto my face. I couldn't.....I can't do this anymore. I pulled the pocket knife out and stared at it. The same feeling I got on top of the hospital came back in full force. The rain seemed to disappear around me. And all I could see was Lila, Alya, and Adrien. Mocking me. Hurting me. I pulled my hoodie sleeve up to see the knife makes they carved into my skin.
In Harry Potter they carved mudblood on her arm. They carved worthless and slut onto mine. And I felt worthless. I unclipped the knife and gently pressed it into the scar. Not enough to draw blood, but enough to feel the edge. They're just going to keep coming. I felt a hand gently pull the knife away and throw it away. An arm wrapped itself around my shoulders as I collapsed onto the wet concrete and cried. After Jagged's accident, I didn't think I could cry anymore. But I was wrong. I was crying for the girl that was taken away when Hawkmoth showed up, and was thrusted into a life she didn't want. I was crying for the girl that lost everything to a lier. The girl who is lost inside and can't find a way out. The girl that got used and was beaten because she wasn't good enough to those around her. The girl that stopped talking till she got on an airplane bound for Gotham.
I didn't now that we were out of the rain till I was set on a couch. I cried till I passed out, and continued to cry in my sleep.

"I'm worried about her."
"So am I. I got a call from Dick asking to keep an eye for a girl. It's her."
"What happened?"
"From what Dick said, she was attacked at Karas place. She's a friend of Jon's and Damians."
"Salina, what do we do?"
"She's under too much stress right now. Just let her be for now."
"Harley?"
"She reminds me of me."
I slowly opened my eyes to the talking of three women. My head was pounding, and my eyes were crusted over. Sighing, I sat up. I felt all six pairs of eyes on me.
"I'm fine." I said
"No your not." A blond women with dyed tips said as she walked over. "My name is Harley. The red head is Ivy, and the women you met last night is Salina."
"Marinette." I stated
"What happened last night?" Harley asked
The attack. The sobbing, the knife. Slightly panicked, I rolled my sleeve up to reveal the scars my classmates engraved onto my skin. One had a small bandage on the end. Guess I went a little deeper then I thought.
"How did you get those?" Harley asked
"My former friends—my former classmates gave them to me. Got the idea from Harry Potter." It was my favorite movie, till that day. It was also the day I stopped talking.
"You know, Damian and Jon have been looking for you. You should—"
"I told them not to. I don't want to be their friend. Everyone ends up betraying me anyway." I mumbled the last part. Before closing up and looking away, rolling my sleeves down in the process. "Don't tell them I'm hear. Or that you've seen me." I whispered before I curled up into a ball and watched the rain fall out the window.

Three days passed and I didn't talk at all. Hawkmoth was quiet, so I listened to music, and drew. I didn't speak the to women that helped me out, besides thanking them once and that was it. Kara texted a few times. Damian texted a few times. Jon texted a few times. I ignored them all.
I felt all the holes in my heart and soul, grow bigger and bigger. But I was disturbed from drowning when a calloused hand gently sat on my knee. I looked up at the green eyes before looking away. I kept my headphones in, and tried to ignore him. He didn't seem to mind, but he pulled me into his side. Just like he did on the roof of the hospital. He just sat there, his arms around me. Trying his best to console me. It was awkward, but he did his best. I ended up burying my face into his side. Taking the comfort and warmth he was offering.