30.1: The Last Supper

Start from the beginning

"Start talking." He brought his middle finger and his thumb, rubbed them against together by snapping his fingers.

Rocky removed his snapback hat and placed it on top of the white table that divided the three of them. The sweat forming on his forehead made it uncomfortable for him to leave it on his head. He then grabbed the glass of water that sat in front of him and began chugging it down his throat as Hatchet began to report to Kevin.

"Well sir, as you know the hurricane wasn't part of the plan but we were able to do everything you told us to."

Kevin waved his hand in the air for the waitress who was tending to other customers to come over so he could place an order. He turned his gaze to Rocky and observed his sudden silence.

"Rocky, why are you so quiet?"

Rocky detached his lips from the glass with his pulled together because of how Kevin's question took him by surprise.

"Sir. You told him to go first." Rocky reminded the madman of his instruction.

"Now, it's your turn. What exactly did you two do?" Kevin challenged him.

Rocky gulped as he inserted the lies they rehearsed in the car on their way to meet Kevin in order.

"Like he said. The hurricane was a surprise. I took care of the father while he took care of the daughter. We were about to bring them to the den but the rain started so we improvised."

Kevin was staring at the slim waitress's legs when Rocky explained but the last part of his statement caused him to narrow his eyes at him.

"What the hell do you mean by improvised?" Kevin asked as he lowered his eyes warily.

Rocky immediately tensed up, unable to retrieve the rest of the information in his head. Hatchet glanced at him from the corner of his eyes and observed the change in his body language.

He waited briefly to see if he would continue with the prepared explanation but he decided to jump in when he caught sight of the sweat that was starting to form on Rocky's forehead before it started to trail down the side of his flushed face.

"Boss, you should have seen him." Hatchet began to exaggerate the false story.

He pushed himself forward and intertwined his fingers as he demonstrated what Rocky supposedly did.

"He strangled the fucking bastard and we took them all the way to Lake Needwood and you know..." He shrugged nonchalantly. "We dumped there and the hurricane helped us finish the job."

Hatchet leaned back against the seat and rested his index finger underneath his chin after breaking down the information to a distracted Kevin. The waitress was now making her to the unattended table to take their order.

"Finished the job how? You left them there?" He nearly shouted, while lowering his voice bringing his head closer to the middle of the table.

Rocky was slightly relieved when Hatchet saved him from being caught by Kevin so he was now able to speak up before he would get attacked for not contributing anything.

"We had no choice. We had to go but we saw them floating away before the rain and wind started." Rocky interjected.

"Fottuto idiota! Fools!" He exclaimed, cursing them out in Italian.