Chapter 12

Author's Note: Firstly, I'm so sorry y'all had to wait so long for an update. I took a last-minute vacation to the beach but I'm finally home and will start posting updates regularly again. 

Also, I didn't proofread this before posting, so if you notice any errors I apologize! If you point them out I'll correct them as I go.

Also, the sex-thing they do in this chapter: if you decide to try this, full disclosure: it can cause UTI's for both partners, and sometimes the menthol in the mints will sting your lady parts.

Happy reading!

You know before you even climb out of the bed that the person responsible for banging on your door at 6:35 in the morning is Hotch. You had finally turned your phone back on before bed but made it a point to screen his call and texts to ignore them.

If you could drown out his incessantly knocking you'd go back to sleep, but instead, you stomp down the hall and fling it open with a menacing scowl.

"What are you doing here? The sun isn't even fully up." You snap.

"I told you to be at the park at six. You weren't even awake?" He pushes past you into the entryway.

"Welcome, do come in." You mumble under your breath, shutting the door and turning to face him. "I told you I couldn't make it this morning."

"Yes, and then you cut your phone off without an explanation. Do you think that sort of behavior is acceptable?"

"Hotch, I'm exhausted. I'm still on Vegas time so it's like what, 2 am, for me? I'M TIRED. I don't want to go running this morning, I want to sleep in."

He blinks, startled. "You called me Hotch. You're angry with me."

"Don't be ridiculous, I just want some sleep and I'm annoyed you barged over here after I told you I wasn't coming." You cross your arms across your chest. "If it's okay with you, I'm going back to bed. You can see yourself out."

"Is this about Officer Vargas?"

Oh my God, he has GOT to be kidding me.

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?"

"I assume that now that you two are involved, you want to end this and don't know how, so you're picking a fight with me."

You pinch the bridge of your nose and attempt to mentally will your annoyance away.

"It's fine if that's what's happening but at least be honest with me about it." He continues. "I told you before, there will be no reprisals. This will simply end."

"Are you deliberately being obtuse, Hotch?"

"If I'm being obtuse it's because you haven't told me what you're so angry about." He retorts. "I'm a profiler, not a mind-reader. You can't expect me to just know what's wrong."

Man's got a point.

"Fine. I'm upset because you didn't speak to me for three days." You admit. "I called you twice and both times you acted cold and distant."

He looks stunned. "Y/N-"

"Stack that on top of ordering me to come workout today and then barging into my apartment to yell at me at 7 am."

"Y/N-"

"Don't ask me what's wrong and keep interrupting when I try to tell you. I'm not done."

He opens his mouth, closes it, and leans against the wall with his arms crossed.