Chapter 7: Among the butterflies

Start from the beginning

She enjoyed water very much, but first, she needed to rest after flying them both from the Isles. "I think. It's rather sad, isn't it? You're still gonna find arguments to defend that treacherous place even until now?" She raised a brow, leaning back on the bench and feeling the warmth of the sun on her cheeks once again. A part of her missed this feeling.

Infinity stood up from her crouched position and thought for a good second or two. Her sister did have a good point, why was she still defending the Eye of Eden after all the stories she's been told? Why was she still so hyper and excited whenever someone mentioned it? Guess, she never really addressed such an obsession.

"Of course. It may be scary to what that kingdom can do to people, like reducing half the freaking population, haha!" She chuckled, her feet stomping the waters, thus disturbing the peace in the pond then stepped out. "But," she paused to inhale a breath of air and turn towards the platform to get off the social area. Unity awaited for the continuation of her explanation.

"I guess I just really want to see how bad that place is, I want to see how it really looks like, feels to be there. That's why I'm so fascinated about that place." She turned to face Unity with a kind smile. "I know it's dangerous. But that's what's so fun about it! The thrills and risks!" She explained in a rather flawed logic compared to her older sister, who much rather protected her own safety more than anything.

She didn't agree one bit with Infinity's reasoning, sometimes even finding her insane for liking such a hellhole. However, she had tried to change her mind since the age of nine and it didn't work in her favour, clearly. Unity sighed and gave a reluctant nod. "I still don't understand you," she admitted with a dry laugh.

Infinity simply lowered her eyes to the grass at her sister's response. A part of her felt an empty smile take over the current one she had, but not quite. She didn't allow it. "Yeah..not everyone can understand each other's motivations and reasons." She whispered. The wind filled  the next minute of silence between them.
~~~~~~~~~~
Standing on the ledge of the social space and noticing more clouds forming into a tunnel, Unity and Infinity looked at each other. More flying, it seems and Infinity couldn't seem to catch a break from such a trip. There was just so much of it, it seems.

"It's unique that clouds are able to form a tunnel like that." Unity observed, stepping even closer to the edge of the platform. She stopped and glanced back at her sister, extending her hand over to her. "Come on, Prairies is down there." She insisted for her to take her hand, knowing how much her younger sister struggled with flying. But, Infinity's answer surprised the teal-caped Sky child.

"I think I'll try flying on my own, it seems easy enough here since there's a tunnel literally made." She pointed out, proving quite a valid point in Unity's eyes. Again, Unity didn't believe all too well that she'd be able to fly on her own, she gave a sly snicker at her sister's decision.

"Oh look here, little Infi wants to flap her wings and crash." She teased, accompanying Infinity's eye roll with a mocking laugh. All in good fun though, no one really meant it, most of the time. Infi flapped her cape and smacked her sister's shoulders with the red fabric.
"Just watch me," she pouted, her teeth bearing out as she wanted to prove the bragging know-it-all Unity wrong.

She jumped off the edge and began flying off, admitting to struggle in the first early minutes. She zig-zapped back and forth, flapping her wings to try and slow down. Realizing that she was flying head-first into a wall of clouds, she let out a screech and tried to shift towards the left, where the tunnel really was. Unity whistled, placing a hand over her eyes to watch her sister fail. "Oh boy," she muttered.

She knew she had to step in or else she'd lose track of her. Hating to admit it directly to the red-cape, she knew that as the older sister, she needed to be responsible. They may be alone in this world with a bunch of spirits due to the quest they were on but she couldn't afford to lose her younger sibling to the skies know where.