Chapter 2: Isle of Dawn

"Night never had the last word, the dawn is always invincible."
~~~~~~~
Chapter 2: Isle of Dawn
~~~~~~~

"So...bright..."

Washed up on the shoreline were two figures laying in a prone position. Unity's eyes opened up to the sunlight promptly entering her field of vision. She shut her eyes almost immediately. "Why did we have to end up on the literal land of the sun?..." She grumbled, mostly addressing to her companion beside her. The ground shook for mere moments and sand was brushed over to her arms. "False, Unity. This is not the land of the sun. This place is called: Isle of Dawn." Infinity corrected effortlessly. The older sister rolled her eyes. Just why was she so dazzled about all of this? There was nothing exciting about marching towards death's peak?

Getting off the ground, Unity brushed away specs of sand stuck onto her cape.

"Alright alright, so where are we supposed to go? Perhaps, if you had been more patient. Mother and father would give us instructions. Then, we wouldn't have gotten lost." She brought up. Right, that was correct. It was a bit hard to not forget what happened last night. The two siblings rushed blindly towards the portal back to a wide space called: "Home." Where lies all the portals including the one for Eden. However, two were only lit up at the time. Isle of Dawn and Daylight Praries. Infinity insisted exploring the first one first.

That's how they ended up face first on the sand. Infinity looked at her sister, albeit confused, she didn't pout. "Adventures dont always require instructions." She pointed out.

That was one way to put it. But Unity wasn't all for that. It was already bad enough that they were stranded in the open with no parents nor elders to help.

"Why, I'm vewy vewy sowwy if I can't understand that." The older sister sneered, her words dropped with sarcastic venom. In front of then lies a tunnel leading to even more darkness, both were uncertain wether or not to go in.

The two sisters glanced at eachother, "Well, wherefore lies the sunshine?"

That was the question both had on their mind. The closer the light is, the sooner they'll encounter the darkness. That's exactly what the elders endeavoured for, they selected children from certain home portals to become astray in the lands of the unknown. They just had to land on Daylight prairies.

"Um...I'm guessing that we should go in." Unity sighed, walking ahead. The girl with the ponytail pouted, she immediately followed her. "Hey, no, don't leave me alone." She whined. Unity laughed. "With your short legs, you should always be the one ahead of me." She teased.

The two walked in, finding themselves in a tunnel filled with luminous illustrations engraved on the wall. Their eyes filled up with delight. It just felt so surreal, having these images pop up, telling the stories of the world. In fact, just being out on this quest was more than ordinary. It was an almost inhumane thought. Infinty twirl around, admiring the drawings on the wall. "How spectacular. I've never seen these before." She admitted. There weren't these kind of drawings by their home village. Why didn't mother and father decorate the house walls with these same drawings? It's educational. Their daughters can learn about the world they're living in. "Yeah neither have I." agreed her older sister. They continued walking towards the exit. It was hard to miss actually, the exit was filled with the outside world's light.

"Good, it seems that Isle of Dawn hasn't been affected by the darkness." Unity remarked, semi-glad about all of this. Their life wouldn't be thrown to hell at the moment, at the moment I said. There could always be changes throughout the adventures, the two sisters were certain. "I'm glad. It looks rather peaceful so far." Infinity chimed. They continued their trail until, "Wait, stop." The older sibling blocked her sister's way from behind. Infinity tilted her head, eagerly bouncing on her spot. "What what what? What is it? Big sister?" She asked impatiently. "There's a gap blocking the way." She explained. Yes, that was true. There was quite a lengthy hole laying right upfront. However, that won't be too big of a problem. It wasn't really that deep. There was just a small puddle waiting for them down below. Infinity rolled her eyes.

"Bah! I don't see what the big problem is. As long as it's not deep, we're good!" She confirmed before pushing her sister's hand away from her tracks. She walked ahead and leaped off, landing on the ground. Her feet got soaked with the cave water. But she didn't really seem to mind that. Unity on the other hand, flinched. "How unsanitary." She commented, taking aback with the puddle's indigo colour. The waterfalls from Daylight Praries were quite different from this, yes. She leaped down herself and started walking across the small puddle, following after her sister. Everything went smoothly from there until there was a black trail following the both. Then, smoke could be smelled.

"Do you smell that?" Infinity asked. Her eyes directed specifically on her companion until it clicked. Strands of those beautiful white hair burst into flames. "Smells like fire. Is there one nearby?" The oblivious Unity questioned, glancing around. Still, the source of the smell couldn't be seen in her point of view. Infinity gave wide eyes as the flames grew in numbers. However, she didn't back away. She couldn't just leave this girl to burn after all. "Quick! Jump in the water! Your hair is on fire!" She claimed, pointing rather intensely at the stream of water. Her screeches echoed through the caven walls. Unity looked up to find her hair slowly being reduced to dust. She quickly cupped her hands together, gathering the dirty cave water and slashed it on her hair. There, that'll turn off the flames. Of course...

"How did that happen?" The older sibling let out a sigh. That was close. Idle anymore and the flames would have reached her face. The answer to that wasn't too far off. There, displayed on a rock were red candles. The two sisters recognized them all too well. The candles were lit up, so possibly, the best answer to explain the incident was that Unity's long untied hair passed by the candles, resulting in them getting burned. "There's candles over there." Infinity explained. Unity rolled her eyes, her hand being raised to stroke her now short hair. Ah no worries, she could perhaps comb it with her fingers, a good makeshift comb. "Whatever, that won't stop me. Let's keep going." She beckoned her sister to follow her out of the hole. The girl with the ponytail nodded, following along like asked. "Yessss!" She chimed.

As they ventured out of the cave, they were met with an incredible sight. A castle in the clouds more specifically. The ground below them had a mysterious beige colour for the sand. But due to the sunlight, it almost looked grey and dull. The two didn't think otherwise. "The beauty of the Isle of Dawn lies here." Unity concluded. Not bothering to stay in place anymore, Infinity flew down, rather sloppily compared to Unity's. She flapped her hands, thinking she would stay afloat but that wasn't the case. She landed on her feet luckily, but felt slightly dazed. "Woah!" She chuckled nervously after landing. Feeling herself regain her composure, her eyes were directed towards the castle in the skies.

"I'd think otherwise!" She replied to Unity.