Chapter 7: Among the butterflies

"Even if you flew away, in my soul, you'll forever stay."
~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 7: Among the butterflies
~~~~~~~~~
Leaving the Isle of Dawn felt like a dream, a deserted space that seemed like a wonderland for young ones. The scent of the sea and the sand never left them even when up here in the skies, their hands tapped the clouds as they flew away from Tandi's temple.

Now, flying had never been a problem for one of the sisters, but even being this high up and being pushed around by the clouds have proven to be quite difficult. Either way, the ride was smooth and Unity sighed, trying her best not to deviate into the nearby ground.

Holding on her sister's hand from behind, Infinity gazed at the sight. The shade of pink skies turning into a bright blue and the sandy lands vanished into green grass under them. They were now entering  Daylight Prairies, once again. But this time, the adventure didn't end just yet.

They weren't ready to go back home, not yet. They still needed to complete their mission. To restore peace and give light to the fallen sky-children stuck in the realms  of Eden. That's why they needed to hurry, all while making sure to take note of all of their surroundings.

Hair splattered all over her face due to the wind, Infinity groaned and tugged on her sister's hand tighter. "Can't you go faster? I see land down there!" She used her other hand to point at the ground below them. Rolling her eyes at her complaint, Unity shook her head. "Not possible, I'm low on light." She retorted.

Infinity looked at her, disbelief showed on her face for a brief amount of time. "Whatttttt, but you have seven wings!" She whined, clearly not focusing when Unity thought her about the laws of aviation and flight knowledge back in their little cave. Unity chuckled, recognizing the same familiar question she'd hear from little moths by their village.

"It doesn't work that way, my flight wedges run out quickly because I'm flying as fast as I can." She explained, feeling more wind attempt to blow them away for good. She dove into the clouds, resetting her wing wedges back to seven and proceeded to speed up the flight even more before running out of them once more. Infinity yelped. "So?" She recovered from the sudden dive.

Unity gave a warning, her smile growing bigger as her hold around her sister's hand tightening. "That means that I need to dive back into the clouds to gather more light, so hang on." She lowered the both of them towards the nearby clouds, ready for her form to absorb more of the clouds' light. Her little sister screeched and looked away, not ready to receive more hair in her face. "Eden you." She muttered a curse.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The flight lasted about five minutes, Unity receiving enough light to land them carefully on the ground and both sisters slid through the gap through the cave and crossed into Daylight Prairies at last. This was spawn, they had been here a couple of times when they were much younger, it didn't change at all since then.

But one key difference was that this place wasn't empty when they first came here with their parents. There were other sky children here, playing by the ponds, playing music by the hills, some even met by the nearby benches. It all felt so alive, it was Daylight Prairies' social space after all. Now, it was just them and a flock of doves. Both sisters were appalled.

They jumped off from the ledge and looked around the place, wondering if there were any sky children hiding in the caves or behind the hills. But their theory soon dropped when they really realized no one else was around but them. "You think Eden was responsible for this?" Infinity inquired, letting go of her sister's hand and walked off to explore.

She stepped into the pond and leaned down to curiously try and grab the fishes swimming in it. The wind was much softer than when they were in the air and she could feel the sun properly burn her skin, it was warm, just like she remembered. Unity followed her and sat on the bench, instead of walking into the pond with her.