Chapter 16

<Beth's POV>

Carol volunteered to escape and watch the guards shift times. She is a good fit since she is fast.

I hear someone approaching the door. Probably the people of terminus with our food. The man opens the door and carelessly throws down a tray of food. I watch as Rick asks the guy for more food as a distraction. Then Carol slips out of the door without the guard noticing. For now the plan has worked.

We sit for hours. Through the day; through the night; through the next day. I'm starting to believe Carol got caught. It is the second day she is gone and she should be back by now.

"We need to go look for her!" Maggie exclaims. We have been debating for about 5 minutes.

"We can't risk another life!" Tyreese informs. I'm with Maggie's opinion.

"No Maggie's right we need to have someone look for her, who volunteers?" Rick asks. One of the voices I was really hoping wouldn't speak up speaks.

"I'll go," Daryl offers. I step up.

"No," I say plainly.

"Yes," Daryl says.

"Daryl Dixon I am not going to let you go."

"It ain't your choice, you ain't my babysitter." His words sting like a lazer. Maggie takes my arms and pulls me into the corner before anyone sees my tears.

"Beth it's okay," she tries to tell me.

"No we are not okay, we are broken."

"Beth it was just one fight." I sigh.

"I know, I'm sorry," I say. Before Maggie can respond the train car door slams open.

"Alright everyone time to split up," Gareth says. Several men follow him in. I take Maggie's hand and run to Daryl. Some force rips me from my sister. Instead I hold on to Daryl's chest.

"Don't let them take me," I squeal. God, I am such a baby I need to be strong.

<Daryl's POV>

I can actually tell that Beth is scared, which is very rare. She holds on to my chest so tight. The group screams as they are ripped apart. Suddenly, a man tries to pull Beth away from me. She screams my name. Jut her voice activated my defense system that is practically wired in my brain.

I punch the man in the jaw. "If you wanna live you best not separate us." The guy instead just takes the both of us to another train car. He throws us in violently and shuts the door carelessly.

"Fuck!" Beths screams, pounding her clenched fists in the rusting, peeling, metal door. She just keeps hitting it. I don't know if it's to let out anger or sadness, but whatever it is my beautiful Greene doesn't want it. I'm surprised she is still standing with that bullet hole in her thigh from where she got shot. Oh shit! Glenn got shot in the side, but we never got that bullet out. He could die from the blood poisoning. I just hope that we get out of here before that happens. Beth's punching fists bring me out of my thought trance.

"Come on you- ouch, God dammit!" Beth screams. I look at her hands and see that they are bloody and bruised.

"Beth come'er," I say softly. She obeyed and I make her sit. I motion for her to give me her knife. She obeys once again and hands me the knife so I can cut off the bottom of my shirt to wrap around her damaged knuckles.

My rough, calloused hands wrap the cloth around her smooth delicate hands. No words need to be spoken. Just a simple smile, even though we are in terror.

Finally our eyes lock on each others. I stare into them like they are an endless pit. Beth breaks the space between us and crashes her lips against mine. We kiss hard and long. I rub my hands up her back and her arms go around my neck. Eventually, I take out her ponytail so her long blonde hair reaches below her shoulders and frame her face beautifully. She removes my jacket and throws it on the floor so I am left in my ripped up flannel. I take off her first tank top, but a slim fitting shirt is under that. When I am about to take it off Beth stops.

"Your hair is grossing me out when it hits my face."

"So what do I do?" She smiles deviously and picks up her knife.

"Stand still," and with that she starts cutting away. When she is foment hair is as short as it was when I first met her.

"Can we go back to-" before I finish speaking she pushes me into a wall and kisses me hard. We start off where we left and I remove her jeans, boots, and undershirt. She does the same to me.

The rest of the night is beautiful and at the end we lay there together. For the first time in forever we are peaceful.

A/N sorry updating is slow, I am still in a depression because of beth. It's really hitting me hard😖😖