Chapter 9: "Metanoia"

A/N: Hi everyone!! 

Enjoy chapter 9!----All rights to C. S. Lewis!

Chapter 9: "Metanoia"

                                                                                                                                                             -m e t a n o i a-

[meh-ta-noy-ah]Greek

(n.) the journey of changing one's mind, heart, self, or way of life; spiritual conversion.

(Susan's POV)

It is early in the morning, maybe too early, light is barely coming in through the window but birds are chirping in the trees nearby my window. It had rain all night making it difficult for me to sleep. And soon my brain decided it was enough sleep for me today so I couldn't stay I bed any longer.

Getting up from the bed I reached for the curtains covering the view of the window and pulled them aside. My stomach twisted. The sky was still cloudy, you could tell it was morning only because of the few rays of clarity that slipped through the clouds here and there.

It is not an obsession the one I have with the weather, it wasn't a metaphor either. I knew there was a reason for this cloudy Narnia. Something was moving in the shadows, acting from the dark. I could feel it in my guts. This was bad news.

I sighed and turned heading for the sideboard. I sat in front of the mirror and looked at my reflection. A ghostly face stared back at me in the mirror. The white nightgown made me look paler. Even the blue of my eyes seemed colorless, off.

With resignation I grabbed the brush, it was therapeutic for me, brushing my hair. It gave me time to put my ideas in order, to clear my mind. And I definitely need that at this moment.

I took a deep breath and exhaling I started brushing the ends of my hair. 

The humidity was unbearable and it mademy hair terribly frizzy and fluffy as the brush combed it

The humidity was unbearable and it mademy hair terribly frizzy and fluffy as the brush combed it. I tried to relax and stopped thinking about meaningless things. I closed my eyes and slowly the important things flooded my mind.

Last evening I had a very needed, although I didn't want to admit it, talk with Edmund. I told him. I confessed how I felt. It's not that I'm not happy to be back in Narnia, because to be fair I haven't felt this hopeful in quite a long time, but how long will it last? At this point I don't know if I want it to last a long time or if I want to find a door to take me back to England in the next corner. What we lose by returning home will be relative to the time we spend here. And I am not willing to lose anything or anyone for an adventure that I'll have to forget when it's over. I don't think my siblings see it this way.