Trying New Things

Beginne am Anfang

“Shut up! It’s not any stupider than Sammy or Cas.” He said defensively. I laughed and he only managed the impossible; blushing even more.

“Okay Fergus.” I said, tasting the nickname. I found that it rolled nicely off my tongue, and I decided that maybe it wasn’t quite as stupid as I had thought. Doesn’t mean I won’t tease him.

“I guess I don’t have to ask yours, you kind of go by it.” He said, swinging his legs gently. The movement was so child- like and sweet that I smiled. “Yeah, Samuel is an old man’s name. Sam sounds better. I did go by Tony for a few months, because I wanted to be Iron Man really badly when I was, like, eight.” I admitted. Dean continually teased me about it, even using the code name “Stark” a few weeks ago on a hunt for Abaddon (It was cannon!)               

“So, can I call you Tony? Or are you the bad guy now?” Fergus asked, waggling his fingers at me like a child during a spooky story. I laughed, but it felt like a blow to me, what with everything that has happened in my life. “Just Sam.” I said.

“Are you always this childish and I just haven’t noticed?” I asked as he lay back on the table in a pouting manner. He shook his head. “It’s just when I come off of my high. I don’t know why, but I always end up acting like I’m six years old.” He said.

We stayed like that for a while, the conversation flowing smoothly once he seemed to become slightly more sober. It only took him another hour to sober up entirely, an start acting like an adult again, although he did stay seated on the table.

“Why do you always sit on the table?” I asked after we had both been quiet for a while. He sat up and shrugged. “If I sit in the chair, it’s creepy and you’re a giant. But when I’m on the table, we’re about the same height.” He said, straightening up to prove his point. He was right, although I was still an inch or two above him. He huffed in frustration and stood up.

“I’m bored.” He stated. He paced around the demon trap before stopping right in front of me. “What do you want to do?” I asked. He looked me in the eye- which he had been avoiding the whole time I was here- and smiled. “Try something new.” He said.

Before I could ask what he meant by that, his hands were on either side of my face and his lips were on mine. I yelped slightly, not expecting the sudden jump from platonic to romantic. He hummed against me, amused by my reaction. I relaxed into him and we broke apart, both of us panting.

“You should try new things more often.” I whispered. He laughed, turning and sitting in my lap. He was shivering, so I placed my arms around him. “I hate the cold.” He muttered, looking off into nothing. I remembered the memory he had showed me earlier, and how the cold made him think of Lucifer.

“Me too.” I said, sighing in pleasure. He placed his arms around mine, and looked down at his hands. “What are you thinking about?” I asked, stroking his hair gently. He shook his head, and I didn’t push.

Someone cleared their throat behind us and Fergus jumped out of my lap as I spun to see who was there. Gadreel stood in the doorway, a large frown spread across his face. “Samuel, are you sure it is wise to be so close to my brother?” He asked. I noticed that Fergus had backed up to the other end of the demon trap and was staring at Gadreel with wide eyes.

“Gadreel, don’t tell anyone about this, not even Cas and Dean. Please, they can’t know.” I begged, walking up to the angel, blocking his view of Fergus. Gadreel eyed my warily before nodding. “I came to tell you that Dean and Castiel left. Dean said something about getting Castiel new clothing, because he had so little.” He said. I relaxed and nodded.

“Thanks. Could you, um, wait for me upstairs? I want to talk to you.” I said. Gadreel nodded stiffly and he left. I turned back to Fergus to see that he was shaking and tears were streaming down his face. I gently sat down beside him and gathered him up in my arms. He clutched desperately at my shirt and sobbed into my shoulder.