Chapter Six

I managed to wriggle free of Henry's arms and slid out of his bed. Carefully I picked up my phone off the dresser and sat down on the window seat.

"Morning."

"Hey beautiful," he answered sleepily. "I thought I was meant to phone you."

"Tom, can we meet up this morning?"

"Of course, beautiful. I am dying to see you. There is a coffee shop around the corner from me. I can meet you there at ten"

"Sounds good."

"You will think you've died and gone to heaven when you try their latte's."
"What about not being seen in public?"

"I have been thinking that over, but we can talk about it when I see you."

"Cannot wait. See you there."

"Love you."

"I know."

I got showered, dressed, eat breakfast and was heading out the door as Henry came down the stairs.

"There you are. I woke up to find you gone. Where are you off to in such a hurry?"

"I'm meeting Tom for coffee."

Henry's looked me up and down, taking in my outfit. "Dressed like that? You hate to wear dresses."

"I wanted to try. Are you jealous?"

"Of course, I am bloody jealous."

Henry jumped down the last few steps and pushed me against the wall, pinned by his hips. Forcing his mouth onto mine, he kissed me with such passion he left me breathless.

"Of course, I am jealous. He gets to spend the day with you."

"It's only coffee."

"It's more than that and you know it. You would not be wearing a dress like that for any other reason."

Henry moved away and turned his back on me. I looked down at my summer dress. The light blue fabric was covered in little white flowers, it clung to every curve, enhancing my womanly figure.

"I like this dress. It's feminine. Tom likes feminine."

"But you are not. Enjoy your coffee."

Henry stormed back up stairs leaving me completely mind boggled. It was only a dress. Granted he had only ever seen me in three and two of those in the past week, but I felt good and confident. I was not going to let Henry dominate me like Jamie. I had already brought the dress to defy my brother. I closed the front door and hailed a taxi. I spoke to the driver about the weather and how much I was loving London. I needed to distract my mind. Henry was jealous, but he had nothing to be jealous about. Tom sounded like he did not want to keep things private. My mind was a mess with so many questions. Jamie would prefer me to be with Tom, but defying Jamie was so satisfying.

The taxi stopped and I paid the driver. He drove away wishing me a good day.

Tom was already waiting in the coffee shop. He was sat towards the back, his nose in the morning paper, a cappuccino going cold in front of him.

I pushed the door open and a little bell rang out. The lady behind the counter smiled and welcomed me. I gave her my order and waited for my drink. Watching Tom consumed in the paper made me smile. I could picture him sat at the breakfast table reading while I cooked breakfast, only placing the paper down once the full English was in front of him. I liked the idea. I could be a domestic goddess.

"Here you go, sugar is on the tables."

"Thank you," I smiled taking my drink and walking over to Tom's table.