Chapter Three

Faith's Point of View

I stood outside Buckingham Palace twirling my right ankle around. Being dressed up like this was never my strong point. I hated having my legs on show and I always felt awful in tight clothes. I was into t-shirts, trainers and jeans not little black dresses and high heels. I was also getting nervous. Thoughts and questions swirled around my mind. What if he doesn't turn up? What if he does and the date is a disaster? What if we do end up really liking each other? What would Henry think? Poor Henry, he looked sad when he saw me leave.

"Wow, when I said dress nicely, I didn't expect you to knock me out. You look ravishing." He stood in front of me in a black tux and bow tie.

"Thank you. I have to admit, this really isn't my thing."

"Yet you pulled it off perfectly. Come on, I have a taxi waiting for us."

"I'm only wearing it because you asked me too," I informed him as I sat down in the taxi.

"I'm honoured," he smiled, placing his hand on my knee.

I had to fight the urge to move it, mainly cos his hand felt good against my bare skin.

We travelled in silence. Every now and then I caught him staring at me, a lustful look in his eyes. Was this whole thing the worst idea ever? Or should I role with it?

"Where are we going?" I asked, trying to focus my mind on the whole go with it attitude.

"You will see."

I placed my hand over his, sliding my fingers between his.

"Am I moving too fast?"

"No, I kind of like it."

"I'm not going to kiss you, although I want too, really want too."

"Okay," I replied, feeling disappointed.

"I may not be able to stop if I do and somehow the back of a taxi doesn't seem the right place."

"You 're right," I winked.

"We're here."

I looked up to find we were outside of a Victorian style townhouse.

"Where are we?"

"My home."

"Hang on, you asked me to dress like this for dinner at your house?"

"I did."

"Why?"

"I'll tell you inside." Tom paid the taxi driver and helped me up the steps of the townhouse. As he closed the door behind him, he turned to look at me. "The reason I wanted to have dinner here is because I need to keep this side of my life private. I don't want to have your beautiful face all over the media, and I don't want to open you to the hatred."

"You're famous?"

"Yes, I'm an actor."

"Oh, boy I do like to attract them."

Tom gave me a puzzled look.

"Oh, Henry is an actor too. He was my Superman before he was even cast in the role."

"I thought he was your friend."

"He is my friend."

"You don't talk about him like he is."

"Can we talk about something else?"

"Yeah, sure. Would you like a drink?"

"Please, white wine if you have it."